Dixie Rainbows Thread

Pics
yoie,

How about an updated picture of these? 

Are both of these Rainbows??? They look so different!!
Both are about 18 weeks. Both MUCH bigger than our other gals of the same age (brown leghorn, black australorp, pro red, and barred rock).

Are both of these Rainbows??? They look so different!!
Both are about 18 weeks. Both MUCH bigger than our other gals of the same age (brown leghorn, black australorp, pro red, and barred rock).

I would say yes to both being Dixie Rainbows. That is the reason they are called Rainbows, because there are different colors and patterns in them.

Wow this entire time I thought I had an easter egger rooster and it's a Dixie Rainbow pullet! I have never heard of the breed and because she was so massive compared to my other hens (2 black sex links and a RR) I just assumed a roo. Plus the lady told me it was an EE chick. Kind of excited now! About 12 weeks in this pic.

Wow this entire time I thought I had an easter egger rooster and it's a Dixie Rainbow pullet! I have never heard of the breed and because she was so massive compared to my other hens (2 black sex links and a RR) I just assumed a roo. Plus the lady told me it was an EE chick. Kind of excited now! About 12 weeks in this pic.

very pretty!

Yes she will probably start laying soon. I raise them for meat and have found that they mature in about 12 weeks and try to mate my layer hens. I usually start to separate the more aggressive males from the rest of the flock by about 10 weeks or they will destroy my layer hens.

Back
Top Bottom