DIY CABINET COOLER INCUBATOR How we did it and TEST RUN Ready Set GO!

@ozexpat the link u put up for the heater, are they safe and do they come with instrutions?

@ozexpat the link u put up for the heater, are they safe and do they come with instrutions?
i use a thermostat controlled safety switch in my bators

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5pcs-Thermo...115?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5645a3d08b

this heating element has a built in safety switch and I am now using these and are very happy with them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-PTC-hea...641?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cdec4ab61

you must have a fan pushing air through them at all times.

any elements I have posted only have 2 wire to connect. Apart from needing air through them, they really dont need instructions

Incubator still awesome, made no changes to it, hatching weekly LOVE LOVE it!
Overrun with chicks until tues!

hello @Sally Sunshine

my incu is due to finish my first hatch on the 20th, but at last candle it was 49 out of 60 fertile:p:)

i have sum planned changes wen the hatch is done, the light bulbs are bein replaced by a heating unit that @ozexpat suggested and ill feel safer knowin its one heating unit not 3 bulbs also thinking of putting on a extra pipe but unsure at the moment

i initally used part of a old incu, to power the fans but they seemed slow. one of the fans was so slow ..... but while sorting my plug box out i found a 12v plug, which is controlling 4 fans at brilliant speed and is also pushing the warm air down the pipes alittle faster

thank you for all the information,

i do check this thread almost daily to see if anymore info on

craig

I want to thank Donna Rippy for giving me her old cabinet incubator. It was missing a top but it turns out I have the perfect top for it in the form of an old light table top that the bottom was destroyed. All I have to do is insulate it and it will work perfectly. Got to buy some more foil tape.
I will be replacing the water heater thermostat with the STC-1000. I think a few washers for spacers will solve the friction in the turner system. I am eggcited. So much that I bid on a dozen TN red quail eggs on Ebay that will come next Thursday.
hide.gif
lau.gif
Well you GOT to test it with something! This way with eggs coming (the therory), I won't procrastinate.

thank you @Sally Sunshine yes im using it as a hatcher aswell .. have nothing else they can hatch in lol but i think the next freezer or fridge to fail will be made into one, do you have any design ideas?

am excited as it appears to be working fine, your thread has helped immensly

thank you @Sally Sunshine yes im using it as a hatcher aswell .. have nothing else they can hatch in lol but i think the next freezer or fridge to fail will be made into one, do you have any design ideas?

am excited as it appears to be working fine, your thread has helped immensly
your welcome thats why I always share what I learn. I hatch in my reg coolerbator, I was going to make another incu out of a big cooler as well as a hatcher, but I dont really need it. I hatch all the eggs I can get from my hens and if I time it good I have plenty of room now that I sold off a breed. I love the regular coolerbator as a hatcher, its so easy to clean, I bleach spray and done, plus I have used it from the start and know it to hatch perfectly for me, I dont have to watch humidity with it or anything, I already have it down pat how much water goes in and all that. I guess that all comes with how many times you use it, like I said we hatch basically every weekend, sometimes 2x week so its not a big deal anymore because its repetition. Now give me a new breed I never hatched and I will fret a bit, anyone will tell you that ha ha ha!! Sorta like brooding, when you hatch so much you have to have a set up that allows easy clean up and fast set up! Only issue I have is alot of ppl want grown out pullets and such and I dont have the room to grow out anything.

links to our first reg coolers are in the siggy below too.

Back
Top Bottom