****** DIY chicken feeder pipe! ******

Pics
Ok, this self feeder is flippen AWESOME! I am headed to Home Depot now...
smile.png
Did you ever get it built? If you need to ask anything let me know my friend:)

Mat2dong-- The self feeder works great! The hubs& I had it done within 30min. I love my chickens so much more, now that I don't have to curse them for wasting feed:)

Mat2dong-- The self feeder works great! The hubs& I had it done within 30min. I love my chickens so much more, now that I don't have to curse them for wasting feed:)

O good:) Now you can feed them once or twice a month instead of every other day because this holds a good amount of feed.

Happy it worked out my friend:)

My husband and I made one of these for my coop that holds 16 chickens. It works really well. I did not need to glue anything together because it was all tight anyway. I want to make one for my other coop that holds only 2 chickens but I will change the bottom so it has a Y joint at the bottom, since it is only feeding 2 I do not need one that is as large. I found the Y joint feeder on pinterest.
Could you post the plans for it? Thanks.

We might have solved the scattering issue with 3 caps cut in half. They snapped on the outside of the fitting without needing to glue. The lip appears to be keeping the feed in yet let's the ladies get the feed they want.

We also raised the feeders up about 6 inches. I think the combination of raising and caps may just be the ticket.

We will see if it continues to work.

Where does everyone find this white corrugated tubing? Also what size is it? I've looked at Menards and can't find anything like this!!!!!

Where does everyone find this white corrugated tubing? Also what size is it? I've looked at Menards and can't find anything like this!!!!!
Jimmy

I found it at Home Depot and my local lumber store. I used a 4" drain pipe. The fittings were the what added up fast. The 10' straight pipe was around $7.50, the fittings between $3-$6 each. Best-O-Luck.

Jimmy- I forgot to mention that the pipe doesn't have to be solid schedule 40 PVC- that gets expensive fast. I used a sewer drain pipe that is kinda like corrugated plastic- black on the inside and white on the outside. One end had a bell on it that is made to slip over another pipe end. I just cut those off.

Jimmy- I forgot to mention that the pipe doesn't have to be solid schedule 40 PVC- that gets expensive fast. I used a sewer drain pipe that is kinda like corrugated plastic- black on the inside and white on the outside. One end had a bell on it that is made to slip over another pipe end. I just cut those off.
Thank you!

Many pages ago I posted pictures of the two that I built, and that was nearly eight months ago as I recall.

I started another flock of fifteen chickens, well, actually fourteen and a rooster, in early March, they moved into the second coop that I had for the original "herd" and everything is still holding up beautifully.

And now it seems, since both coops are open all day, the chickens have started intermingling, and during the day, each flock visits the other flocks home and grabs food from where ever they are.

They are SO much fun to watch.

Skip

jimmywalt at my Menards it's found outside in the yard like the other member said "sewer drain pipe" mine is grey colored, slightly softer than PVC and cuts nice! About $6.75 for 10' section, they are 4" wide

Couldn't be happier with this setup. Apologize not the best feeder pic.

Back
Top Bottom