DIY Goat Milkstand COST: $0.00 and done in 15 minutes

Happy Camper

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 19, 2012
Puerto Rico
I have only one goat that just kidded. We were crazy busy with the rest of the animals in the farm to make a "state of the art" milkstand and I was cracking my head on what to do (she is not tame at all)...

Suddenly I noticed an old chair and... this is what I came up with...

We cut the two middle bars and nailed them horizontally to place the grain dish. We added a "moving" bar to the top to secure her neck and Voila!... We plan to nail the chair to a 3x5 plywood piece we have to make it sturdier.

Right now it is tied to a column. In our case I don't need to raise it because I sit on the green area that is already 20 inches or so below the spot where the chair is, so the goat ends up being at a nice level. Hope someone uses this idea and even improves on it!

Thanks, That is an interesting idea! I have seen someone mount a head holding device to a picnic table, that way you have a place to sit while milking the goat. Both are great ways of recycling!

Awesome idea!
Thanks! I am just so happy it took so little effort and it works so well. I wish all things around the farm had such and easy way out!
barnie.gif
At least this one did
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom