DIY Thread - Let's see your "Inventions".

Quote:
I totally agree with you, I cringe whenever I see posts about nipple systems.
ep.gif

I totally agree with you, I cringe whenever I see posts about nipple systems.
ep.gif
is your cringing from the word or the system.

I like to give my birds clean fresh water. With 13 coops auto waterers ensure that the birds get what they need.

i also use pig nipples from ebay for pigs dogs and goats. Gone are slimey water bowls and mosquito breeding grounds

We were just talking on another thread about how they can be dangerous for frostbite in the winter here since they drop quite a bit of water while they're trying to drink which can get on the wattles.

Not sure what your climate is where you are, but that is something that would make a difference. I had tried 2 different kinds of nipples and one dropped more water than the other, but both dropped enough that it would cause wet wattles.

Others may not have had that problem.

We were just talking on another thread about how they can be dangerous for frostbite in the winter here since they drop quite a bit of water while they're trying to drink which can get on the wattles.

Not sure what your climate is where you are, but that is something that would make a difference. I had tried 2 different kinds of nipples and one dropped more water than the other, but both dropped enough that it would cause wet wattles.

Others may not have had that problem.
my chickens are 9 degrees above the equator.

being a non experienced cold weather chicken man, i would think the nipple would freeze before the water on wattles would be a danger

I use auto water for the cleanliness like ozepat and am in a very cold winter climate. I dont use water bowls and such because they always seem to spill or fill with debris. Frostbite or having the system freeze isnt an issue because I think if water is freezing then its to cold for my birds. My coup never is allowed to get below 40 no matter the outside temp. Each flock is best served in different ways. What works great for me may not for the next guy.

I started using shredded junk mail and paper to "top off" my shredded wood chip litter. I think it works just fine for my little coop. I guess it's not much of an invention - but I think it's good for recycling.
innovation does not necessarily produce a product but can be as simple as a time saving device or a money saving device. This has the added benefit of not only being a money savving process but it does tripple duty Gets paper out of the landfill, protects your privacy, and help keeps your coop clean...... Win Win Win...

deb

Back
Top Bottom