DIY Thread - Let's see your "Inventions".

Hi, I hope no one minds if I bump this thread back up. I've found this thread useful, and I finally have an idea to share! Well, it was dad's idea, but I'll take credit for wanting a flower box.

We had and old bread box that we weren't using and my dad thought it would make a good flower box. So, we repositioned the pieces of wood to our liking, and nailed it together. I stained it to help protect it from water, added some garden plastic to the inside, and this is how it ended up.

Everything for the flower box was free, except for the flowers
tongue.png
It turned out better than I thought it would!

Last edited:
My 3 week old chicks graduated from the inside brooder w/ the feather duster mom to the outside coop w/ the broody bucket.

hole drilled about the size of a pencil, fabric is polar fleece, next time I will make longer strips, they are short this time b/c I was planning of filling the bucket w/ straw, which they keep scratching out.

Not really an invention.... but a quick way to divide off an area temporarily indoors or outdoors. These can be used when introducing new chicks to the flock too...raising it up off the ground a little so they can get in and out and the others can't get through.

I've talked several times about using the plastic netting to make temporary fenced off areas so I wanted to show one that I am using currently. I'm putting "Mister" in here in the mornings and not letting him out until about 4:00 pm or so daily so that the ladies have some refuge from him. (Hopefully he's going to get something more permanent where he can sleep sometime soon so I don't have to haul him out there every morning before work!)

Could this little girl actually be missing her man? (8 mo old pullet...he's the daddy)

On the wall side - used either cup hooks or circular screw-in hooks. Then clipped the fence with one of those horse-bridle double clips.

The top fence is acrually hanging from the eye hooks.

Same thing on the fence side.

Here is is open.

Hi, I hope no one minds if I bump this thread back up. I've found this thread useful, and I finally have an idea to share! Well, it was dad's idea, but I'll take credit for wanting a flower box.

We had and old bread box that we weren't using and my dad thought it would make a good flower box. So, we repositioned the pieces of wood to our liking, and nailed it together. I stained it to help protect it from water, added some garden plastic to the inside, and this is how it ended up.

Everything for the flower box was free, except for the flowers
tongue.png
It turned out better than I thought it would!
NIce...

Bumping isnt really necessary we get on a roll and take a break now and then. Cuz were out doin Stuff... LOL.

deb

Back
Top Bottom