Do any of you ship eggs to Mexico?

Alex150o

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 5, 2014
Mexico
Hey Pea-ple!

I was wondering if any of you guys have ever shipped eggs to Mexico? I haven't found many people here in Mexico who sell pea eggs. And if I find someone they only sell IB eggs and sometimes white. In fact, I dont know anyone with bronze, opal, spauldings, white-eyed, and only a few have blackshoulder and pied peas. So, I was wondering if any of you ship to mexico so I can get some of these colors and patterns. Is it even possible to ship eggs and animals out of the US?

It is likely easier to import live birds, and probably more cost effective in the end. Check out your Country's import requirements to see what it entails, as they will be your determining factor.

Yes its possible, i just import some peafowls from US, maybe its easier for you to import live birds as Arbor said, keep in mind shipping live birds is too expensive, maybe it will cost you lower if you can import them when they are younger than 3 months.

It is possible, thanks for the link!!

Please Note:

To export day-old chicks for reproduction and hatching eggs, West Nile Virus certification statement is not required.
The following complementary information is needed for shipments of chicks to Mexico.

1. When stating the inspection date on box 13 of VS FORM 17 - 6, please clarify that this is the inspection date of the flock of origin and not the inspection date of the chicks.
2. Specify the date hatching or the age of the chicks.

''Mexico has informed that the effective September 1, 2013, all shipments (by land or air transportation) for hatching eggs and three-day old chicks must be accompanied by a copy of the new health certificate on the web. In addition, labels describing the description of the shipment must be applied on all the boxes.'' All shippments with new health certificates presented at the board before September 1,2013 will be rejected.

There is a pdf file in the link that has more specifications, in case anyone would like to start shipping birds or eggs to Mexico. I dont know any peafowl farms here in mexico or breeders maybe this could be an opportunity :lol: ;)

Yes its possible, i just import some peafowls from US, maybe its easier for you to import live birds as Arbor said, keep in mind shipping live birds is too expensive, maybe it will cost you lower if you can import them when they are younger than 3 months.

I wonder how epensive it must be to get a bird all the way from kuwait or to kuwait. How much did you end up paying?

I have seen some people selling thei peas a little cheaper when young and unsexed. Butin that case i will end up raising a bird for. Few months before i know what it is. I just wish i had the chance some others have o driving a few miles and getting new birds. Or buying mixed eggs for incubating, etc.

It costs me around 815$ for the pair, but they were adult peafowls, i have also paid for Vet inspection and the broker fee. At the end the shipping cost was more than the birds cost!

Back
Top Bottom