Do chicken eggs sell?

They DEFINITELY taste better!!! A daughter of a friend I sell them to literally said this to her mom... "Mommy! These eggs taste nasty!!!! Why are they so yucky-looking???!!!"

LOL!

I think youre asking a silly question. People want farm fresh eggs rather than store bought. My chicks roam freely and go in the coop in their own free will at night to get locked up. The eggs are healthier and has a real nice orange yolk you just cant get at a store bought egg. That being said, I have standing orders with my eggs. I have a local facebook page devoted to my ladies where people can put in orders. I sell for 5$ for a dozen. People are willing to pay more for fresh eggs.

did you know Store bought eggs have been around 4 weeks before people actually start buying them?

gross.

Omg, we only switch to home grow eggs about 5 months ago. And even then up untill a few weeks ago I was still needing to occasionally buy store eggs. Yes they taste different.... so much better

Did you know that you can freeze eggs? Just take egg out of the shell and slightly whisk. Pour into a container. I use a silicone ice tray. I cover with saran wrap and freeze completely. Then pop the eggs out and put them in a freezer bag. They are great to cook with and at least you know where they come from.

Have only sold eggs for 7 months from our house and can't keep up with the demand. We are getting an average of 20 a day. One customer wants 10 doz. at a time and most get 2 or 3 dozen. Only charge 2.50 a dozen. At least the hens are paying for themselves and 8 roos and 7 show chickens!

I think youre asking a silly question. People want farm fresh eggs rather than store bought. My chicks roam freely and go in the coop in their own free will at night to get locked up. The eggs are healthier and has a real nice orange yolk you just cant get at a store bought egg. That being said, I have standing orders with my eggs. I have a local facebook page devoted to my ladies where people can put in orders. I sell for 5$ for a dozen. People are willing to pay more for fresh eggs.

did you know Store bought eggs have been around 4 weeks before people actually start buying them?

gross.

Sorry if it's silly haha but i recently bought laying hens so this is my first year with them. I sell eggs at $60 per dozen (but that's because I breed quality gamefowl. These eggs aren't for eating though. They are for hatching).

So I was just wondering what if I buy laying hens? And how many should I buy? I have 13 young pullets (5 months) and this lady sells them for $10 each of that same age. I feel like buying more chickens. What do you think?

Have only sold eggs for 7 months from our house and can't keep up with the demand. We are getting an average of 20 a day. One customer wants 10 doz. at a time and most get 2 or 3 dozen. Only charge 2.50 a dozen. At least the hens are paying for themselves and 8 roos and 7 show chickens!

Who are your clients? Random neighborhood people or friends and how did you spread the word? Sorry if it's a lot of questions, I'm just really excited since this is my first year with laying hens haha

Back
Top Bottom