Do Nosy Neighbours Count As Pests?

My daughter has terrible snoopy neighbours , they installed a solar powered sensor light to go on when he walked by their window he had been " peaking " into . It works wonderfully!

I never liked neighborhood living to begin with, but the reasons in this thread are the reasons I'll do everything in my power to never live in one again...

Way too many people that live in neighborhoods today believe they are empowered to snoop on you and even dictate how you use your property and dictate what you do with your property, just because...

Even now I live on 30 acres, but across the street is a gated community, and there has been some friction as a few people that live there (as well as the gate guard) feel they can tell me what to do and when to do it... It's not working out well for them though, as my side of the road is unincorporated and zoned rural estate, pretty much the same as agricultural zoning with a few limits like no airstrip or 1000s of head of cattle... I can have open fires, burn barrels and bomb fires, as well as shoot firearms on my property, and I can mow my lawn at midnight if I choose...

Last edited:
No living on an acerage does help with the face to face stuff , but we did have our only neighbour for 2 miles drive up our driveway in his riding mower to ask my husband when he was planning on mowing the ditch!!!
I glare in his direction when I drive by
1f609.png
but I refuse to let him bring me down

No living on an acerage does help with the face to face stuff , but we did have our only neighbour for 2 miles drive up our driveway in his riding mower to ask my husband when he was planning on mowing the ditch!!!
I glare in his direction when I drive by
1f609.png
but I refuse to let him bring me down
while mowing my front one day. My neighbor from across the road comes tooling over on his lawn tractor to inform me that I was wearing the ugliest hat he had ever seen

when he was planning on mowing the ditch!!!

I live off a 4 lane county road and the county, and the county comes by once a month to mow the ditches along the sidewalk on the undeveloped or farmed... I mow the ditches on my property back about 12 feet back from the sidewalk, the county generally only mows about 6-8 feet back depending on terrain but it never fails when the county comes by my property they feel a need mow an extra 6" of the already mowed back 12 feet of field on my side, apparently just because... Next year I'm thinking I might put out some signs saying 'DON'T MOW, HAY FIELD'

while mowing my front one day. My neighbor from across the road comes tooling over on his lawn tractor to inform me that I was wearing the ugliest hat he had ever seen

Lol I almost lost my coffee there; now THAT is a ballsy neighbor ROFL...

I'm wondering if we ALL arent the weirdos lol...3 pages of snooping on the neighbors ;)...oh but I'm just reading so IM not a weirdo....

Sound like they like hunting nightcrawlers, or those toads...or maybe she's an insomniac .. I do som pretty weird stuff at night lol; spotlight to weed the garden at 2 am... Spotlighting raccoons at 4 am....sometimes I take my phone and creep along the creek and look for fireflies.... People do weird stuff ;)

I'd kick anybody's behind for poking my dog with a stick though...

I agree you should just suck it up, have lovely wife make a cake, and waltz right up to the front door and say "hi how bout some cake, neighbor!" ...THEN you can proceed with 29 questions about their weirdo habits and if they just ADORE your fluffy cute egg machines? :D

Last edited:
Good lord I don't think I even make the top 20 with snoopy neighbours...

Meanwhile their window? What a lousy creep.

Also haven't seen hide nor hair or them today, maybe they had to run out for more flash light batteries. I wonder what kind of bill that tuns them yearly.

Back
Top Bottom