Do rabbits eat corn?

We pick whole ears of corn to feed the horses,goats and cattle the rabbits get it as a supplement in the winter they love it

Definitely not safe. They can't digest it, rabbits have died due to corn. Rabbits in general have extremely delicate stomachs and can easily go into stasis and die if fed the wrong thing.

Also, wanted to add, rabbits should have hay as 90% of their diet. Veggies or herbs should make up 5% and pellets make up the other 5% of their diet.

rabbits can and will eat corn. they will gobble it down.

it is also my experience that it will give them the serious s**ts, and like was mentioned will it will screw them up. they will drop weight FAASST, and not recover quickly.

if just a couple kernels, no harm. moderate amounts, even, and you're taking chances.

this is my experience, you can take your chances. rabbits will eat corn, but they don't just pull their chairs up to a pile of corn.

i'm sure not all rabbits will react badly to it, but i'm dealing with one right now that my daughter gave corn to. not pretty. she went from fat and healthy, to anorexic looking, buggy eyes and her head looks like it's floating

i'm feeding her a bunch of hay (not the rich stuff, either), and she is doing better, but it is amazing how quickly she dropped weight

Last edited:
Best advise I have been given, and much research says... approximately 80% meadow hay... 15% fresh mixed greens ( lettuce NOT iceberg ) and 5% quality pellets.

But the Grass or meadow hay is of MOST importance. Not only with the digestive process but also in the grinding of their front teeth.. Plenty of fresh water goes without saying.

AND DEFINITELY NO CORN OF ANY SORT.

Back
Top Bottom