Do some rooster not crow at all??

The one Roo that was crowing is now living a couple doors down and we can still hear him all day, maybe that is why the others are still not making a peep! Fine with me.

I have several roosters but the rooster king is the only one that crows. The others do not dare!
frow.gif

Quote:

my roos are 16 weeks old today and have yet to crow. but yet one is already mating with my older hens??? does he not feel threatened with statis from the other boy?? Elvis (the one starting to mount the girls) is the dominant one and has been since they were very young. and what's funny is about an acre away are some constantly crowing roos that I figured would get my boys riled up to crow, but nope nothing so far.

watch later today one will end up crowing just because I typed this up lol

I have 3 roosters 1 that is obviously in charge and he crows off and on all day. The other 2 roosters I haven't heard a peep out of. The 2 that don't crow 1 is a silver laced wyandotte and the other an aracauna. The rooster in charge is a cross between a golden laced wyandotte and a RIR. I'm sure my non crowing roosters are male because of the mating with the hens and their waddles. They are all 21 weeks old. I hatched the mix breed the other 2 came from Mt Healthy Hatchery.

I've got two roosters. There both black copper marans and there a little over 9 months old and neither have tried to crow.

I'm going to try to resurrect this thread ;)

I have two Welsummer roos (Bill and Bob) and a polish roo (Spike; AKA Mr. Hairdo) who all crow. (Spike's crow is girly
gig.gif
). I also have 2 barred rocks that I know for sure are roosters and I suspect I have an Easter egger roo too.

For some reason, Bill, Bob and Spike all share in the hen privileges and crow, but the other roosters don't make a peep. These birds are all April hatches. None of my hens have laid yet (anxiously awaiting my first egg
fl.gif
). Any ideas why my other roosters aren't crowing? Will they? Late bloomers?

My daughter received an RIR two years ago April, i temporarily had three roosters at the time, eventually I had dispersed of all three then I noticed RIR had started to grow spurs. Still no crow and she mounts the other hens on a regular basis... is it just a very masculine hen or do I have a crowless RIR Roo?! Put ten eggs on the incubator a day ago, I guess we’ll find out in a week....!

Back
Top Bottom