Do you sing your chickens songs? And if you do what songs?

Reviving this thread, as I want to post somewhere.

There are 2 songs I sing to my chickens.

When putting them into their run after their playtime, to the tune of the Imperial March (Darth Vadar's March, because they're all the same breed):
Time for girls to go into the run,
Time for girls to stop having their fun,
There may still be games you want to play,
Save them for another sunny day,
You must go in the run...

When sending them to the coop, to the tune of Taps (I call it Chicken Taps, my daughter calls it Fluffy Tails):
Go to bed,
Silly girls,
Go to bed, go to sleep silly girls,
Fluffy tails,
In the wind,
Wave Good Night.

Funny story: my parents were visiting and my father was tasked with watching the chickens one late afternoon. Bored, he started whistling. Suddenly, the chickens all rushed to go in and get on the roost... because he'd been whistling Taps.

My daughter has also made motions to go with "Fluffy Tails" and started using it for closing Girl Scout meetings.

Last edited:
I sing to my ducks a lot. just lullabies, a few other random songs, and Christmas songs in December and November..

I bet my neighboors think I'm crazy when they hear me XD

I sing "Edelweiss" to my Lavender Orpington since that's her name ;)

Edelweiss, Edelweiss, every morning you greet me....
small and white (purple) clean and bright...
you look happy to meet me....

I sing "Edelweiss" to my Lavender Orpington since that's her name ;)

Edelweiss, Edelweiss, every morning you greet me....
small and white (purple) clean and bright...
you look happy to meet me....
love.gif

When you see her in the morning, it must make you feel as though at least something is right in this world.
love.gif

I won't sing to mine because my beagle would probably start baying and the hens would probably stop laying for at least a month due to stress. I do give them a good pep talk right after I do a head count each evening and they really get to cackling while I'm doing it. I always tell them they did a great job today, that I appreciate all their hard work of laying, and to see if we can maybe get one more egg in tomorrow than we got today. I know it sounds dumb and my wife thinks I'm one can short of a six pack but it does seem to work. I really do appreciate all they give back to me so it kinda comes natural to let them know. If I had a reasonable singing voice I'd probably sing to them too.

I won't sing to mine because my beagle would probably start baying and the hens would probably stop laying for at least a month due to stress. I do give them a good pep talk right after I do a head count each evening and they really get to cackling while I'm doing it. I always tell them they did a great job today, that I appreciate all their hard work of laying, and to see if we can maybe get one more egg in tomorrow than we got today. I know it sounds dumb and my wife thinks I'm one can short of a six pack but it does seem to work. I really do appreciate all they give back to me so it kinda comes natural to let them know. If I had a reasonable singing voice I'd probably sing to them too.
LOL! Thats a very optimistic way to think of it!
thumbsup.gif

Edelweiss in the morning as I unlock doors, putter and tidy up, Turaluralura (Irish Lullaby) when I tuck them in. Seems to settle them down. Chickens are more fun to sing to then children. They don't embarrass as easily.

I sing Good morning Starshine every morning, changing starshine to sunrise...and at night, Good night ladies X 3, it's time to go to bed

Back
Top Bottom