Do you think this is a Rosecomb pullet?

Okay. Cooper is going to come in for another photo shoot tomorrow! lol, I will have her standing on her own, and I think my camera does have a macro setting. I will play around with it. I got her from a friend who got her from a hatchery. So I am sure she is not a mix. Check back later for (Hopefully better) photos. :) Thank you all for your input!

Just to clarify I don't really go by what that article says but use the pictures as a general guideline as it does have a nice pic of a roo pea comb vs pullet and some typical coloring for EE's. I should prob put some sort of disclaimer with it when I post it that not all the info is correct and that I'm posting it to show pea combs and some bird coloration.

Just to clarify I don't really go by what that article says but use the pictures as a general guideline as it does have a nice pic of a roo pea comb vs pullet and some typical coloring for EE's. I should prob put some sort of disclaimer with it when I post it that not all the info is correct and that I'm posting it to show pea combs and some bird coloration.

It defiantly helped to clarify what a pea comb was. And there was certainly helpful information on the site. While everything written on the site may not be correct, it was still insightful. So thank you for posting it.

Last edited:
You are welcome. Glad it helped. By the way, is that a Crevecoeur in the picture you are using as your Avatar? I used to have 2 Crev. roos.

She is a polish hen, she is also my favorite bird:) . What is the difference between a Crevecoeur and a Polish chicken? I looked up a few images and they look similar.

Thank-you. I would have kept them if I hadn't already had another rooster. The feed store clerk sold those 2 to me as Jersey Giant pullets..lol! As far as your pullet goes, it's not a pea comb, maybe the beginnings of a rose comb or maybe a cushion comb. I only have birds with single, pea and V combs so don't take my word for the rose comb/cushion comb.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom