Do Young Roosters squat like the pullets do ?

stormylady

Songster
11 Years
Dec 27, 2008
Illinois
Silly Question I know, but I have( 5) 6 month old Speckled Sussex Roosters None Crow at all and they just started using there grown up voices ,well pretty sure I do (at least they were sexed as males ), all of them are as sweet as they can be, however one of the boys has just started squatting for me, I have had many Roosters but never one that would squat???They like to be held and cuddled and petted but never would squat and put wings out fto the sides and his but up in the air when I pat his back like him.
Goliath is a large bird and looks roosterish but doesn't really seem roosterish is his mannerisms and just recently I found a fart egg outside the coop and lately the young boys have been the only ones getting out and everyone else is all over or very close to crossing the 2yr old mark. and all lay large or Medium eggs. This egg was the same color as the grown SS girls eggs just much tinier and no yolk. I do have a Sal. Fav/ Silkie I think is more than likely a male but he has never crowed yet either and he is I think around 9 months old. and to my knowlegde never laid an egg but I have seen him try and catch the girls so..... I'm guessing boy for him. Oh and the other odd thing is that Goliath also had a long tail feather like a Rooster but lost it recently and hasn't grown one back yet. Hmmm anybody else out there have any ideas or a Rooster that behaved like this one??????
Thanks for you replies ! Sandy

I don't at the moment I will get one when the pens dry out a bit and post it for you to take a look, its been real rainy the last couple of days but should be dry tomarrow or the next day. Thanks for the reply !! Sandy

Back
Top Bottom