Do your chickens ever chase you like this?

Love running chickens
love.gif
My rooster chased my brother dose that count lol
gig.gif

All mine need to do is hear the sliding glass door open, and I have 15 chickens running towards me at full speed, half of which have wings spread, and going as fast as they can.
gig.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Mine keep a lookout and tell each other as soon as I open the door and run towards me begging. If I'm working outside they follow me around. I get followed the 200 ft to the trash cans everytime I take out the trash or recyclables. Then they turn around and follow me back.

Your girl there looked so upset. I could hear her thinking "What!? You make me run all that way for no treat! Well now you can't pet me! Harrumph!"

Thank you. That is a very cute video.

Cute with 2-3 chickens, but not nearly so cute when the whole flock is racing over, though. It always reminds me of Jurassic Park and a raptor attack until they catch up and start begging for food.

I have two girls who would rather hang out near the house than free range with the others. You can just see the disappointment in the way they carry their shoulders when I shoo them back to the flock without a snack.

I taught my chickens two 'sounds'. One is where I sound like an excited chicken with a loud "Buck, buck, buck, buck, buck, buck". They come running from wherever they've wandered looking for a treat. The other is "Shoo, shoo!". That stops a stampede in my direction and gets all but the two-most-likely to hang out near the house to turn around and resume their scratching.

Love, Linn B (aka Smart Red) Gardening zone 5a - 4b in south-est, central-est Wisconsin

Back
Top Bottom