Does anyone here sell their eggs?

I sell my eggs for $1.50. I live in South Louisiana. I always compare the prices in Wal Mart. The brown eggs in Wal mart are only selling for $1.27. People say that I should sell them for $2.00 but I don't think people will buy them for $2.00 when they can get them at Wal Mart for much cheaper. I sell my eggs to anyone who wants to buy them. My customers are people that I meet in the store or out in the community. We usually start talking and they they find out I have chickens and they ask me do I sell my eggs and I tell them yes. That then turns in to having regular customers. I sell my eggs to neighbors, co-workers, the lady at the bread store, people who drive by and see that I have chickens and people who have heard that I have fresh farm yard eggs (brown and white). Sometimes my neighbors will come over at 9PM and ask to buy eggs because they have no eggs for breakfast.
big_smile.png
. I love all of my customers who take the time to call and want to buy eggs.

I suppose that is the best way to get customers. Word of mouth. Treat your customers right and they will tell everyone they know lol. Up here where I am from, a dozen eggs goes for $3+.

How do you want to sell them?

I live on a rural island outside of Seattle and my neighbors put up signs by their driveways:

Free Range Eggs

or

Free Range Organic Eggs

or

Free Range Fertile Organic Brown Eggs

the first goes for $3.25 on up to $4.50 a dozen for the last

Amazing, huh?

I sell mine to friends for $2.50 a dozen.
I have never advertised.
people just know I have chickens and then ask me if they can buy them.
I have regular costomers and I have to many of them for the amount of eggs I get.

I sell mine for $2.00 a dozen. I've advertised on Craigslist and have several steady customers from that ad. I put some nice pictures of my eggs (blue, green and brown) and of my hens in the ad.

Don't have chicken eggs yet, but our duck eggs we sell for $3/dozen. We sell to neighbors and other people that know we have ducks. We already had orders for chickens eggs before we even got our chicks!
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom