Does anyone know alot about Bearded Dragons? Added pictures:-)

Quote:
I am so sorry for your loss of your Lookie Lou. I hope that one day you could get another one. she was a big girl though. I just posted a picture of the eggs I found that my Dolly laid today. Did you have any books or info sheets that you had for your BD. I am going to freak if the girls hibernate.

Quote:
I am so sorry for your loss of your Lookie Lou. I hope that one day you could get another one. she was a big girl though. I just posted a picture of the eggs I found that my Dolly laid today. Did you have any books or info sheets that you had for your BD. I am going to freak if the girls hibernate.

Beardeddragon.org IS BYC about Beardies. the eggs of a beardie are almost as hard if not harder to hatch then chickens, good luck. I did not have a male so Lookie never laid eggs. The best most informative website I found, NICE NICE people. I got my crickets from Armstrong's Cricket Farm the smallest number of crickets you can buy is 500. Lookie would go through that in 1 month..... So if big and healthy you will go through a lot more. Armstrong Cricket Farm out of Louisiana 318-387-6000.

Quote:

Beardeddragon.org IS BYC about Beardies. the eggs of a beardie are almost as hard if not harder to hatch then chickens, good luck. I did not have a male so Lookie never laid eggs. The best most informative website I found, NICE NICE people. I got my crickets from Armstrong's Cricket Farm the smallest number of crickets you can buy is 500. Lookie would go through that in 1 month..... So if big and healthy you will go through a lot more. Armstrong Cricket Farm out of Louisiana 318-387-6000. [URL]https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/95868_2011-05-07_12-08-26_199.jpg[/URL]

Lookie was a beauty for sure. I live in VA so do they ship crickets? I found a place I think is called Augustos or something like that. i keep it in my email so I don't lose it. I order 1000 crickets at a time for the 3 and my son's 2 ghekos. gone through 2000 since we had them. lost some as well so they haven't eathem them all. I also order my mealworms through them 5000 at a time (for my chickens also) my dragons love them also. but I let them start colonies to keep them ongoing and don't have to buy them as often.

Quote:
Beardeddragon.org IS BYC about Beardies. the eggs of a beardie are almost as hard if not harder to hatch then chickens, good luck. I did not have a male so Lookie never laid eggs. The best most informative website I found, NICE NICE people. I got my crickets from Armstrong's Cricket Farm the smallest number of crickets you can buy is 500. Lookie would go through that in 1 month..... So if big and healthy you will go through a lot more. Armstrong Cricket Farm out of Louisiana 318-387-6000. [URL]https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/95868_2011-05-07_12-08-26_199.jpg[/URL]

Lookie was a beauty for sure. I live in VA so do they ship crickets? I found a place I think is called Augustos or something like that. i keep it in my email so I don't lose it. I order 1000 crickets at a time for the 3 and my son's 2 ghekos. gone through 2000 since we had them. lost some as well so they haven't eathem them all. I also order my mealworms through them 5000 at a time (for my chickens also) my dragons love them also. but I let them start colonies to keep them ongoing and don't have to buy them as often.

meal worms and regular lettuce are like candy to Beardies, you should never feed the just regular ice burg lettuce and meal worms like treats. sounds like you got the cricket under control.

I have three books Bearded Dragons by Philip Purser, The Bearded Dragon Manual & The Bearded Dragon by Steve Grenard, that I would be happy to mail to you. I will not need them again and they are just gathering dust on the book shelf. Lookie would like it too

Yes they do ship, you can do regular or over night $28 over night with tax and all. they also have cricket feed to load them full of vitamins...... yeah the chickens LOVE them crickets

Last edited:
Love seeing this thread. We have a Bearded Dragon named Spike. He also was a rescue of sorts. Last year we had the Hottest summer weather, so at the end of August, after a long day of showing at the state fair, Hubby calls me on the phone from the end of our driveway. He tells me that there is a Lizard down there on a large rock, next to the mailbox, come down with a net. So my son & I trot down with a fishing net for the "lizard". I'm thinking Salamander or something, because they are the only thing in our area. I found one once in the yard about 7 inches so I figured that is what he saw. Get down to the mailbox, and there is a 2 foot long Dino looking at me. I freaked! We live in a rural area, just up the hill from the Susquehanna river in MD, WE DON'T HAVE NOTHIN LIKE THIS in our woods! So we netted it up, and it began to hiss, scared the poop out of me! lol So we packed it up in a plastic tote/brooder and decided to head to Petsmart, to find out what the heck it was. I'm thinking blood spitting, poison shedding, dino something. Brody was begging to keep it, until it almost climbed out of the tote, which made him start to scream bloody murder in the backseat of the truck. All while I'm trying to drive over the Dam, with oncoming traffic. I finally got to the other side, calmed him down, realized the "lizard" was no where close to getting out. So finally get to petsmart, walked over the the Cricket station, and see something like what is in the tote, in the cart, and see that it is a bearded dragon. So ask the girl working there about them, she said how friendly & easy theu are to keep, and that she had several. She walked over to see our find, and asked is it friendly, I'm like, I don't know we just found it * I'm not putting my hand in there! She said it looked like a rare colored one, and if we didn't want it she would take it, them she pulled it out, laid it on her Large chest, and began to pet it like crazy. My son fell in love at that moment, and begged PLEASE! So I told him if you pay for all the stuff for it you can keep it. So he took his fair winnings, bought all the stuff, and Spike came to stay at our house! I love to feed him, when i tell him, "who's mommies favorite dwagon?" he smiles at me, them happily waits for me to hand feed him.
I have to say, I really love that little critter, never thought I would be a Dragon Lover, but he has won my heart. Last year when the heat went out, O wrapped him up in a towel, held him close to my body, until the fire place kicked in. Couldn't let anything happen to my little buddy.

Good luck with your new charges, hope they bring you as much happiness as our foundling Spike has brought to us!

Brody's Broodello :

Love seeing this thread. We have a Bearded Dragon named Spike. He also was a rescue of sorts. Last year we had the Hottest summer weather, so at the end of August, after a long day of showing at the state fair, Hubby calls me on the phone from the end of our driveway. He tells me that there is a Lizard down there on a large rock, next to the mailbox, come down with a net. So my son & I trot down with a fishing net for the "lizard". I'm thinking Salamander or something, because they are the only thing in our area. I found one once in the yard about 7 inches so I figured that is what he saw. Get down to the mailbox, and there is a 2 foot long Dino looking at me. I freaked! We live in a rural area, just up the hill from the Susquehanna river in MD, WE DON'T HAVE NOTHIN LIKE THIS in our woods! So we netted it up, and it began to hiss, scared the poop out of me! lol So we packed it up in a plastic tote/brooder and decided to head to Petsmart, to find out what the heck it was. I'm thinking blood spitting, poison shedding, dino something. Brody was begging to keep it, until it almost climbed out of the tote, which made him start to scream bloody murder in the backseat of the truck. All while I'm trying to drive over the Dam, with oncoming traffic. I finally got to the other side, calmed him down, realized the "lizard" was no where close to getting out. So finally get to petsmart, walked over the the Cricket station, and see something like what is in the tote, in the cart, and see that it is a bearded dragon. So ask the girl working there about them, she said how friendly & easy theu are to keep, and that she had several. She walked over to see our find, and asked is it friendly, I'm like, I don't know we just found it * I'm not putting my hand in there! She said it looked like a rare colored one, and if we didn't want it she would take it, them she pulled it out, laid it on her Large chest, and began to pet it like crazy. My son fell in love at that moment, and begged PLEASE! So I told him if you pay for all the stuff for it you can keep it. So he took his fair winnings, bought all the stuff, and Spike came to stay at our house! I love to feed him, when i tell him, "who's mommies favorite dwagon?" he smiles at me, them happily waits for me to hand feed him.
I have to say, I really love that little critter, never thought I would be a Dragon Lover, but he has won my heart. Last year when the heat went out, O wrapped him up in a towel, held him close to my body, until the fire place kicked in. Couldn't let anything happen to my little buddy.

let's see a picture of Spike
smile.png
What a great story, some one was upset they lost their Beardie, ow well finders keepers

Good luck with your new charges, hope they bring you as much happiness as our foundling Spike has brought to us!​

Brody's Broodello :

Good luck with your new charges, hope they bring you as much happiness as our foundling Spike has brought to us!

Oh I love your story about Spike. what a lucky little guy!!! I am so glad you found him or else he would not have survived. He looks like one of mine in color and another in size. lol Love them and we are absolutely enjoying them so much.​

Quote:

meal worms and regular lettuce are like candy to Beardies, you should never feed the just regular ice burg lettuce and meal worms like treats. sounds like you got the cricket under control.

I have three books Bearded Dragons by Philip Purser, The Bearded Dragon Manual & The Bearded Dragon by Steve Grenard, that I would be happy to mail to you. I will not need them again and they are just gathering dust on the book shelf. Lookie would like it too[URL]https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/95868_2011-12-16_20-17-00_259.jpg[/URL]

Yes they do ship, you can do regular or over night $28 over night with tax and all. they also have cricket feed to load them full of vitamins...... yeah the chickens LOVE them crickets

Aww that is so sweet of you to send me the books you have. I would appreciate it so much if you would. Do you want anything for them?

Oh and the vet visit was great. My Dolly laid her eggs Thursday while I was at work so I was worrying about her being egg bound and she has laid 13 (or at least that is all I can count from under the aquarium) I need to post a picture of the 2 I saw when I moved her cave. Just been so busy with life. lol

Back
Top Bottom