Does anyone know alot about Bearded Dragons? Added pictures:-)

Brody's Broodello :

Here is a pic of Spike the day we found him.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/20866_dscn1555.jpg

He is a nice big boy. He was not lost for long, he was still nice and plump
smile.png

Quote:
meal worms and regular lettuce are like candy to Beardies, you should never feed the just regular ice burg lettuce and meal worms like treats. sounds like you got the cricket under control.

I have three books Bearded Dragons by Philip Purser, The Bearded Dragon Manual & The Bearded Dragon by Steve Grenard, that I would be happy to mail to you. I will not need them again and they are just gathering dust on the book shelf. Lookie would like it too[URL]https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/95868_2011-12-16_20-17-00_259.jpg[/URL]

Yes they do ship, you can do regular or over night $28 over night with tax and all. they also have cricket feed to load them full of vitamins...... yeah the chickens LOVE them crickets

Aww that is so sweet of you to send me the books you have. I would appreciate it so much if you would. Do you want anything for them?

Oh and the vet visit was great. My Dolly laid her eggs Thursday while I was at work so I was worrying about her being egg bound and she has laid 13 (or at least that is all I can count from under the aquarium) I need to post a picture of the 2 I saw when I moved her cave. Just been so busy with life. lol

It would be my pleasure, I have the books, I just need address to send them to.

Quote:
Aww that is so sweet of you to send me the books you have. I would appreciate it so much if you would. Do you want anything for them?

Oh and the vet visit was great. My Dolly laid her eggs Thursday while I was at work so I was worrying about her being egg bound and she has laid 13 (or at least that is all I can count from under the aquarium) I need to post a picture of the 2 I saw when I moved her cave. Just been so busy with life. lol

It would be my pleasure, I have the books, I just need address to send them to.

I sent you a private message. Please let me know if you received it and I can send it again. Thank you once again!

I am sorry I for some reason am not receiving notifications for new comments. I did receive the books you sent me. I thank you so very very much. The dragons are doing so good. My Dolly laid 17 more eggs. This time I removed the eggs since the last ones didn't fair so well in the aquarium. But unfortunately these are not doing to well. I couldn't find the proper substrate so it isn't looking good for them.

I did want to tell you that I stumbled upon Armstrong crickets. I forgot what you told me where you got yours from. I have to say I am impressed beyond words. I have ordered from 2 other places and by far these are the best quality and the price and shipping was very reasonable. I also ordered waxworms from them as well. So I have found my new supplier for my dragons and geckos.

I am so greatful for you and the books are fantastic. I will try to take some new pictures of them although I don't think they have changed to much. haha

I know I'm coming to this discussion late, but I've just recently discovered BYC.

I used to run a bearded dragon mailing list. In fact, I'm still listed as the list owner although I haven't been very active in the herp community for several years. The list I'm talking about is http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/pogona/ . (Pogona is Pogona vitticeps, the scientific name for bearded dragons.) The list will have a number of people who are experts in BDs, including breeding in case you get any more eggs. BDs don't become eggbound very often, so it's not the same level of worry as if you had chameleons.

Of the books you now have, Steve Grenard's is best. Steve is a very knowledgeable herper who puts a lot of time and energy into learning about herps and then writing about them. The Pogona list is cited in his book, but he has the old address for the list before it was moved to yahoo.

There is also a BD forum on Kingsnake at http://forums.kingsnake.com/forum.php?catid=43 .

Your BDs, and in fact the other BDs whose pictures I've seen in this thread, all look healthy to me. You may want to have stool samples checked for parasites though.

I'd also be happy to answer specific questions as well.

We used to have a beardy. We named her grindel. She was so sweet! However, she died a few years ago because we fed her a firefly. We didn't know they were poisonous. She was at a good ripe old age though. So, all beardy owners- don't feed your lizards fireflys!

Thank you chickers,

I appreaciate the info. My Dolly's eggs are not doing well at all. I find that they are not heavy eaters either, it must be from the starvation they had been living with for several years. I found Phoenix worms, waxworms and mealworms (occassionally) I just ordered 1500 crickets and these are the best quality I have ordered before.

I will check out the websites out. Thanks again!

I am so glad you got the books! I am also sorry about Dolly's eggs. :( I remember from reading it is pretty tricky trying to get those eggs to hatch. I'm glad you like Armstrong out of 6 years i only had 1 problem with them and that was when I had my crickets over nighted (like I always did) But they showed up 2 days late and were left on my porch and in Texas you can not do that because of the fire ants down here. By the time I got home over 2/3 were dead so I called and left a stern message, that next day I had a nice fresh box of crickets with a apology personally signed. Wow really great company.
I always had a problem trying to get Lookie to eat new things. The only thing she would eat with out fail, SHE WOULD ALWAYS eat Miniature Sweet Yellow Bell peppers . She could tell the difference from a regular one or what color. But try that. You can get them at your grocers in the produce isle with the other fresh peppers. They come in a small clear package with the other colors Red, Orange.
YES YES NEVER EVER feed them lighting bugs, fire flies. If you live out in the country and have lighting bugs bring the beardies in so that they can not accidently eat any, they are extremely toxin to beardies.

Back
Top Bottom