Does anyone use Worminator?

So did anybody figure out what chemical it is and WHY is such a big secret?
Nope, not yet. I know someone that sent and email a long time ago and they didn't bother answering it. My guess is it's a big secret because he doesn't want people to know they can get it for less.
big_smile.png
What I should do is order some and have it sent to a lab.

-Kathy

Last edited:
I was told once before Pyrantel is the main ingredient, and believe it is so since there is a pyrantel product in the UK referred to as the worminator. I tried to get it confirmed by the owner of the business who sells it in the states, and no reply for months. I think it is best to always know what the ingredients areas listed on product, as there are people, especially in the game fowl world who manufacture dewormers that are the same ingredients as Safe-guard, Valbazen, Worm-out, etc. I would trust a product by Intervet rather than someone named Dr. Blues which no information exists, other than word of mouth from the backyard of numerous roosters on tie-cords.

Do you have a better recommendation for a wormer which kills all but tapeworms?
Are you by chance indicating that Twin City /or whatever that name is/ is merely a backyard gamefowl staker, and that one should question whether the product consists of multiple ingredients?

Doesn't the chemical ingredient have to be listed on the bottle by law?

If its Pyrantel what is the dosage for poultry/waterfowl?

I've never seen Pyrantel liquid in a big bottle.
Where does one get it?

Where does one get it?
You can purchase an eight fluid ounce bottle of canine pyrantel pamoate at a feed store. It contains 4.54mg of pyrantel base as pyrantel pamoate per ml.
Dosage for a 5 pound chicken is 2.5cc's.

Last edited:

Where does one get it?
We bought a 16 ounce bottle from someplace like this:
http://www.revivalanimal.com/Pyrant...c31520_d_275&gclid=CNfctfz2qMICFRJcfgodvaMAEw

That pyrantel is 50mg per ml, which is about 10 time more per ml that the one pictured above. Not sure what the dose is, will look it up.

-Kathy

The amount that Dawg53 posted in post #36 is 5 mg/kg, so based on that dose, the amount of this Pyrantel for a five pound bird would be 0.227ml, round up to 0.25 ml. If one has lots of chickens the larger bottle will be cheaper.

-Kathy

Just to be clear dose for this is 2.5ml per 5 pounds

Dose for this is 0.25ml per 5 pounds

-Kathy

This is what the website use say ( found using the Wayback Machine) :

WORMINATOR NEW ITEM !

$11.95

Great product imported from England. 5 ML. Use one drop only for Bantams and two drops only for Large Fowl. Gets rid of all worms except tape worms. Caution: can not eat eggs or meat for 18 days after you have administered wormer.

This is what it said in May:
H-4-7 WORMINATOR New Larger Size ! 10 ML

$22.95

New larger Size! Save $1.00
Great product ! 10 ML. Use one drop only for Bantams and two drops only for Large Fowl down the throat only. Gets rid of all worms. Can repeat in 18 days if necessary but most times one dose will destroy all worms. 24 Hour withdraw before eating eggs after using.
One Bottle will do 120 bantams or 60 large fowl

This is what is says now:

H-4-8 WORMINATOR 5 ML

$11.95

Great product ! 5 ML.
Use one drop only for Bantam Chickens, Call Ducks, Pigeons and Pheasants and only two drops for Large Chickens, Ducks, Geese, Peacocks. down the throat only. Gets rid of 11 varieties of internal parasites. Can repeat in 18 days if necessary but most times one dose will destroy all worms. 24 Hour withdraw before eating eggs after using.

So what changed?

-Kathy

Like many companies out there, they make an ingredient vague (like grain product) so they can switch ingredients around and don't have to change their label. So I go where worminator takes me

I followed the lead to England to find out what they're using, and they have some product that they all swear on. Come to find out that the magic ingredient is albendazole (don't hurt me if I'm wrong). So I go looking all over for albendazole that I can buy here and can't find any. I am totally heartbroken-I want this stuff! Then I find it-it was right under my nose. Valbazen.

Back
Top Bottom