Does Sweet PDZ really work?

bridgetchicken

Songster
Sep 19, 2022
Does Sweet PDZ really work? And for how long does it keep the smell from being stinky even if I clean the coop every evening?

I only have two hens.

IMG_5871.jpeg

It works great! I clean my poop boards pretty much every day. If I am out of town and it is a couple nights worth of trinkets, then it can have a small bit of smell. Nothing terrible but you can smell it in the coop. With 2 hens you can probably go several days before cleaning.

Does Sweet PDZ really work? And for how long does it keep the smell from being stinky even if I clean the coop every evening?

I only have two hens.
Depends on the situation and your expectations.

Tell us about your coop and how you bed and clean it?
What's your plan for the PDZ?

I only have two hens.

View attachment 3641278
Not to sway you or anyone from using this, but our coop doesn't stink, ever, and we can usually walk barefoot in there if we wanted to (but we don't) because the poop is dried up. We use horse bedding pellets, and only change them out in the spring. 3-4 inches in an 8x12 coop takes around 3 bags at $8/40# bag so about $24 per year. We do nothing to them and have used them for years and been very happy with them. With two hens, you might have to take a stick and stir the pellets up once in a while as you may not have enough traffic scratching around in it. It's just a thought if you've not decided yet. 🥰

Not to sway you or anyone from using this, but our coop doesn't stink, ever, and we can usually walk barefoot in there if we wanted to (but we don't) because the poop is dried up. We use horse bedding pellets, and only change them out in the spring. 3-4 inches in an 8x12 coop takes around 3 bags at $8/40# bag so about $24 per year. We do nothing to them and have used them for years and been very happy with them. With two hens, you might have to take a stick and stir the pellets up once in a while as you may not have enough traffic scratching around in it. It's just a thought if you've not decided yet. 🥰
You use the brand above? I clean my aviary out every other day. I have 14 quails that spend half their time inside the coop/hutch and the other half actually outside so it gets poopy fast.

You use the brand above? I clean my aviary out every other day. I have 14 quails that spend half their time inside the coop/hutch and the other half actually outside so it gets poopy fast.
No, this stuff. I don't know about quail but I don't see why not as I use it in our brooder for baby chicks too. It's 100% pine. I just make sure in the brooder they have grit as I assume they'll be tasting it. In the coop, they free-range.

Attachments

• Pellets 2.gif
    Pellets 2.gif
    55.5 KB · Views: 20
  • brooder w chicks.jpg
    brooder w chicks.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 17

Back
Top Bottom