Does Sweet PDZ really work?

I have a coop as well but I clean that every other week. They free range so they only poop in there at night. I’ll try it for both thanks!
I think you'll be hooked. It was how we started off 7 years ago, but only tried it in the brooder a few months ago after hearing others were doing that too. Now there was a gamer changer for sure as I was changing paper towels 5 times a day for the first week, then wood chips every other day for another few weeks. These pellets would also help reduce cocci as it dries out the poops, so cocci can't grow.

Not to sway you or anyone from using this, but our coop doesn't stink, ever, and we can usually walk barefoot in there if we wanted to (but we don't) because the poop is dried up. We use horse bedding pellets, and only change them out in the spring. 3-4 inches in an 8x12 coop takes around 3 bags at $8/40# bag so about $24 per year. We do nothing to them and have used them for years and been very happy with them. With two hens, you might have to take a stick and stir the pellets up once in a while as you may not have enough traffic scratching around in it. It's just a thought if you've not decided yet. 🥰
Do you or your chickens have any problems walking on the pellets in your coop? I'm assuming with an 8x12 coop, yours is a walk in?

Im getting ready to pick a bedding for my 6x8 walk in and am heavily leaning to pellets. I have a linoleum remnant down to protect the floor and don't want to slip and fall if the combo is too slick.

Do you or your chickens have any problems walking on the pellets in your coop? I'm assuming with an 8x12 coop, yours is a walk in?

Im getting ready to pick a bedding for my 6x8 walk in and am heavily leaning to pellets. I have a linoleum remnant down to protect the floor and don't want to slip and fall if the combo is too slick.
Our floor is linoleum on wood. Absolutely no problem walking on them. They scratch them around so I don't have to.

In fact, after a couple of days old, they are switched from paper towels to pellets. A non-stinking brooder is a game-changer! In the brooder, they don't scratch them around enough so I stir them every couple of days. Less chance of coccidiosis too as it dries out their poop.

chicks 11-1-23.jpg chicks silkies 2 7-9-23.jpg

Back
Top Bottom