Dog attack - Ellie dislocated toe - me, broken bones UPDATE

File a police report. Document document document.

File a complaint against the officer.
rant.gif

If nothing else, the dog should be impounded for 10 days as a bite case at the owners expense and should be tattooed as a dangerous dog.

The dog attacked you and yours on your property.

If you can stand it, go to the police station to file the report and make sure you get a case number and then go to animal control to file a report. It doesn't really matter what caused the the bleeding. it occurred while you were struggling with an aggressive dog, so if skin was broken it is certainly considered a bite case.

File a complaint against the animal control moron.
somad.gif

DO NOT LET THEM TRIVIALIZE THIS EVENT. What would happen had it been a small child attacked and not your pet?

What on earth are these people thinking - no - clearly they are not thinking and are being lazy public servants who are trying not to do their jobs.
he.gif

What a couple of retreads!
smack.gif

I'm so sorry you had to suffer through this. I'm so sorry your hand and pet are injured.

Best wishes to both of you.
hugs.gif

ep.gif
I am aghast and at a complete loss of words. As others have said, DOCUMENT, PHOTOGRAPH, and FILE COMPLAINTS! Contact a lawyer ASAP and most imoprtantly... TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
Best wishes and prayers for you and for Ellie
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

omg!!! im so sorry to hear this! what a brave soul you are rescuing ellie from that monster. i would have tried to restrain the dog as well. Its horrible that you got hurt in the process. Call a lawyer, most do free consultations...

I am so sorry you were injured, this will now be a permenent injury for you. permenent emotional scarring etc.
definately get a lawyer involved. all 3 need to be brought up on neglegence charges.

I would be on the phone with city officials and asking what kind of departments they are running. complain higher up, let them know what their police force and AC are not doing.

I am having flash backs to another thread that asked " why didnt someone restrain the dog rather than shoot it"? well this is a prime example of why that should never be attempted.
I do hate to be the harbinger of doom but it could have gone a lot worse, you were truely lucky to ecape all that with only a broken hand, it so could have gone a lot worse.

I would be making eveyone who will listen aware of what happened and what did not happen with officials.
Make a stink, get the responses changed. Leash Laws are just that LAWS! get them to take them seiously.

Last edited:
Quote:
And for pete's sake, make sure there are records for rabies shots for this dog. If there isn't, well I am truly sorry, because unless treatment has changed, it's painful.

Get a lawyer. Get a good one. You have one of the best cival suit cases I have heard of in a LONG time. I wouldn't nessessarily include the AC or the PD though, you may need them later on ya know?

OMG That is horrible. If that happened to me at my house I don't care if we are allowed to shoot in the city or not I would of shot that dog! I hope you poor baby is ok and yourself
sad.png
I would of done the same thing.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom