Dog eating chicken poop

Normal canine behavior. What they don't eat they like to roll in. I love dogs but they're disgusting!

My dogs love duck poop. My vet said it isn't a problem.

Sure seems icky though.
hmm.png

When my chickens were younger they used the whole back yard to free range and my golden retriever LOVED chicken poop. When she ate them in the winter they would be extra crunchy and we called them "poopcicles"
big_smile.png

We have 9 hens and a rooster, RIR's and a Yellow Laced Wyandotte roo. We had a beautiful Husky Akita for 14 years, who sadly we lost in November last year. From day one with chickens 6 years ago, THAT dog never once ate chicken poop. Now,,,,,,,,we have a 4 month old Border Collie, and he's the biggest s**t eatin' dog I ever seen or heard of and I can NOT stand it. We feed him all natural, grain free, and he's in great health, but with him eating chicken crap, it defeats the purpose, because chicken crap, is full of grains. So TODAY, I'm buying the pills at TS in an attempt at stopping him from doing so. Theory is, he eats the poo, and after a few days giving the pills, he develops a distaste,for ANY type droppings, from him, cats or any other animal / bird. Anyone out there ever try these pills from Petco / Tractor Supply ??? If they DON'T work, the next step is a shock collar,,,,,,and I really don't wanna do that,,,,,but I can't stand a s**t eatin dog.

My dog is a Beagle and he eats the poop like they are little treats! We were very worried about him being around the chickens, and slowly introduced him and gave him visitations, and now I think he leaves them alone because he would never hurt his "treat machines". Aside from horrible breath (which he already had...) he has very stinky gas most of the time. He hasn't gotten sick at all so the only reason we don't like him to eat the poop is because he clears the rooms after doing so!

Back
Top Bottom