Dog / Human Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
The logic isn't much different than people who free-range their chickens. (And when the chickens cause trouble on someone else's property, the solution is the same: the owner should keep their animals on their own property!)
Yeah, but usually the choice to free range is more to provide feed/freedom than with dogs where (at least where I am) it's just because they don't feel like doing the proper measures. Plus usually chickens don't run onto other people's yards and kill their animals

Yeah, but usually the choice to free range is more to provide feed/freedom than with dogs where (at least where I am) it's just because they don't feel like doing the proper measures. Plus usually chickens don't run onto other people's yards and kill their animals
No but chickens can sure tear up a neighbor's garden and poop all over their porch and sidewalk. If I had that happen to me and I didn't have chickens, you can bet I'd be irate.

No but chickens can sure tear up a neighbor's garden and poop all over their porch and sidewalk. If I had that happen to me and I didn't have chickens, you can bet I'd be irate.
Yeah, I do get that. But I still think letting a dog loose is different than chickens freeranging, especially in the country where birds usually don't leave the property

Yes! In our valley, we are the only one that put our dog on a lead when she's outside and not right with someone, because she kind of looks like a coyote if you squint from a distance.

Everyone else let's them run loose and I've had to explain multiple times that if they kill birds, I expect compensation and odds are the dog will be shot. Amazing how people are so willing to put a creature they love at a known danger because they don't feel like making a fence dog proof or even install leadlines
2 pit bulls chased cats under our crawl space one time(tore out all my duct work under there) I called and left the owner multiple messages and she called me back a week later.

This ordinance stating that all counties have to have someone acting as animal control (even if they don't have an animal office) and shelter if they have a certain population in from New Mexico, not Missouri.
There are funds set aside to recover damages for poultry and livestock killed by dogs.
This is Missouri's ...
The other two, here, about killing problem animals and the compensation fund are good.

This ordinance stating that all counties have to have someone acting as animal control (even if they don't have an animal office) and shelter if they have a certain population in from New Mexico, not Missouri.

The other two, here, about killing problem animals and the compensation fund are good.
The first one was an example to show people they have these state laws in every state that compensate them in every state not just his.Thats why I posted Missouri on the one with the correct link for his state sorry if that was misleading.

The law in every state is :
The County Sheriff in every county in every state has the duty to appoint a deputy to be an acting animal officer in their department if the county DOES NOT have a shelter.

The law in every state is :
The County Sheriff in every county in every state has the duty to appoint a deputy to be an acting animal officer in their department if the county DOES NOT have a shelter.

Do you have a link to the Missouri one? I'm having trouble finding it on that site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom