dog killed 15 hens and one is left with dog 2 dog bites. I have baytril. but not sure what to use.

Here is my first attempt at putting my girl in a sling. Not bad really. It's not quite positioned right yet BUT she was forced to stand!! :). And I like that! It's a bit too long in the front and almost gives her leverage to pull her legs out! I will work it again tomorrow! And I will post another picture after I modify the sling for her!! Thanks again for all your help!

Here is my first attempt at putting my girl in a sling. Not bad really. It's not quite positioned right yet BUT she was forced to stand!!
smile.png
. And I like that! It's a bit too long in the front and almost gives her leverage to pull her legs out! I will work it again tomorrow! And I will post another picture after I modify the sling for her!! Thanks again for all your help!
thumbsup.gif
Very cool!

-Kathy

Thanks Kathy for the great idea. Now this will make her string and allow her to try and stand on her own. Right? I put her close to standing but not completely supported by the sling so she had to work at it a bit.

I forgot to tell you. I used to rehab wild bunnies and adult wild rabbits and the limb injured ones, I would put them into water therapy.
I filled the sink with water put a towel on the bottom of the sink and hold the rabbit so his legs would have to move against the water. This helped their legs to gain strength.
Your girl may need to strenghten her legs with the water resistance therapy so she can regain stability, since it has been awhile for her walking.
I would try both. The sling and the water resistance therapy.
Tell us what happens.
Thanks,
mg
How deep for the water therapy? What will she do in the water? Just lift her legs? How wet can chickens get? Can you tell I am new chicken momma?

SBrown
I had not heard of the Fura-Zone.
I would have used it.
Where do you get it. ?

Now that I have gone thru the caring of a very wounded chicken, I have learned alot.

I bought mine at a horse sale but I would imagine a larger feed/farm supply store would carry it. Not sure if Tractor Supply has it.
I had not heard of the Fura-Zone.
I would have used it.
Where do you get it. ?

Now that I have gone thru the caring of a very wounded chicken, I have learned alot.
[/quote]

Back
Top Bottom