Dog Mutts/Mixes Thread!

Not all poodles are created equal! I don't care for miniature poodles but standard poodles are kind of neat,well as long as they don't have one of those fru fru haircuts/

We have a 20yo Chihuahua that's deaf and blind/ talk about a pain in my but.

We have more special needs dogs then not, makes for a long day. My deaf English bulldog has been ignoring me all morning, my elbow hurts from yelling! Lololol

Last edited:
toy dog breeds were bred as companions for the rich. Later, as companions for anyone. They were small because their main purpose was to be held on the lap.
what you likely despise is the behavior they are allowed to exhibit. That's all on the owners. They let them behave like little Nazis because "it's so cute" A properly trained and socialized toy doesn't act that way though some can still be yappy. Just like GSDs tend to be talkers - sometimes it's just the individual personality.

Standard poodles are actually hunting dogs. And that is the reason behind the weird haircut as well. They originally retrieved game from freezing water so coat was kept on the chest and joints to prevent chills while the rest was shaved to avoid the dog being weighed down. They aren't "waterproof" like some retrievers and the hair soaks up water like a sponge.

Not all toy breeds were bred for companionship, the Yorkshire terrier was originally bred to hunt rats, shih Tzu were bred to help guard palaces(sound the alarm!) Etc... :-|

toy dog breeds were bred as companions for the rich.   Later, as companions for anyone.  They were small because their main purpose was to be held on the lap.
what you likely despise is the behavior they are allowed to exhibit.     That's all on the owners.   They let them behave like little Nazis because "it's so cute"       A properly trained and socialized toy doesn't act that way though some can still be yappy.  Just like GSDs tend to be talkers - sometimes it's just the individual personality.

Standard poodles are actually hunting dogs.   And that is the reason behind the weird haircut as well.    They originally retrieved game from freezing water so coat was kept on the chest and joints to prevent chills while the rest was shaved to avoid the dog being weighed down.   They aren't "waterproof" like some retrievers and the hair soaks up water like a sponge.

My pitbulls think they are lapdogs lol not a problem when one wants to crawl up on you but when all 3 do it can be a little much and of course if the pitbulls are doing it my English bulldog has to also.

I once had a chow/Rottweiler mix dog, he had long red/brown fur, he was beautiful and very protective, rip Elvis .

Back
Top Bottom