dog shaking, lethargic and foaming at the mouth slightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the only vet in my area.. my husband works out of town and we only have one car also. trust me, im not a monster who doesnt want to get her pet taken care of, i promise! if i could i would be there right now but without money in hand, no one will see me. i was surprised they told me that over the phone too but glad that they did.
he did throw up..it was red..but it doesnt look like blood. it looks like paint or something. he honestly seems slightly better now that hes puked..that peroxide works fast!

Quote:
trust me, i dont think your a monster at all.
hugs.gif
I would give him some more peroxide in an hour or so. Also, make sure that he has lots of water to drink, to help flush it out.

it was red..but it doesnt look like blood.

Oh dear - bright red, or dark red? This also does not sound good - if it is not blood, what other red substance could it be, and of all possible red substances the dog could have ingested, that are that distinctly red, it seems that most would be very worrisome. And if it is blood, again this is obviously not good.

I'm sorry for being so concerned, but posts like this cause me to worry throughout the day. If things go downhill for this dog because he is being affected by poison or a substance he is having a reaction to, it will be very difficult to deal as it runs its course - in other words, not pleasant to watch.

I'm wondering if you have a neighbor who could drive you to a vet, maybe one a slightly longer distance away? Hoping for the best for you and your dog...​

aww thanks! i feel really bad though, that we dont have savings for things like this..and i also feel bad because i yelled at him the other day because he got out once again
sad.png

Years ago, I had a miniature schnauzer that drank anti-freeze. A neighbor put it over the fence after DH told the creepy neighbor to stop staring at my little sister. Thankfully, we don't live there anymore. The dog had blood coming out both ends. The vet gave him something to coat his stomach and intestines to minimize absorption. It worked, and Jackie lived.

hes not bleeding at all..his gums look great..the vet did say the shaking could be from his stomach hurting so bad though.

what a lousy neighbor! so sorry about that!
hugs.gif

Quote:
I don't know if I would by the 'shaking cuz his stomach hurt' thing...It's just me but I dont' know why they would say that...I can't say either way if it's true or not, but I wouldn't buy it....Again maybe it's just me.....
I would get another vet, i guess even if it meant going a town or two over i would check into it....
I have done it myself....live in the country...no vets, so the next town over is a 1 vet town...had bad issues with his 'bedside manner' and his whole vet practice as a whole....went a few towns away and love the VETS we work with now...yes, i do use different vets for different animals but only by my choosing, not because of the vet not working with certain animals...love the vets we have now....
there's always a way to work out a payment....i have been there done that too....even if given post dated checks...

Do you have a local humane society? Call them to see what vet they use. Any colleges or teaching hospitals? Any friends of friends that work for a vet? He really needs to be seen.

The Humane Society, animal shelter, what ever you find in the phone book, I would call. It can't hurt, it's only a phone call. Some animal shelters even have vets on staff. Tell them what's going on - there's a chance someone who answers the phone will care and know how to help. There's a reason that they are at the shelter in the first place - they care about what happens to animals (hopefully anyways), and they are on the front lines of emergency low cost animal care, they may have suggestions.

The vet I worked for got a phone call from an elderly lady with no car who had a cat who could not pee - this was treated as an emergency by the staff (cats who are blocked are usually considered emergencies) and a vet tech drove to the lady's house, picked up the cat, and brought it back to the vets. It was treated, cared for, then eventually driven back to the elderly lady's house.

The point of the story is that there are vets out there who will go way out of their way for animals and their people. I would seriously call around - shelters, humane societies, rescue groups, vets anywhere near close to you... it seems worth a try, because again it is only a phone call.

The red paint-like substance that was vomited could very well be blood - in that case, if that is what is coming up out of his stomach after being treated by peroxide, I would be very leery of using more - it could do a ton of damage if his stomach lining is already bleeding
sad.png

I didnt read all the replys.. So I dont know if I am repeating any thing..

If it is a younger dog or pup.. It could have parvo.. They will have drool and foam coming out of their mouth with parvo.. Our vet says that most do..

What about Rabies.. Does it have its shots.. Foam from mouth with this too..

It could have been poisoned or drank antifreeze... If it is poison or antifreeze and immediate vet visit is needed in order for the dog to survive.. My friends dog got into antifreeze and they took it in as soon as possible.. And it didnt make it..

Do you have lime disease in your area.. Are ticks out yet in your area..

Are bees active in your area yet.. It could have got stung and be allergic..

What about poisonous snakes, spiders, other creatures..

Sorry about your pup.. I hope it will be ok..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom