dog shaking, lethargic and foaming at the mouth slightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnes_day

Songster
11 Years
Aug 29, 2008
oklahoma
there is something wrong with my dog, and i cant get him into the vet right now because they want 300 just to walk in the door..he keeps digging holes under the fence and i guess he got out and got into something or something happened because we found him laying in the neighbors yard..hes shaking really bad but he will wag his tail at you. he doesnt have blood anywhere and he has foam coming from his mouth.
i put him in the room where we have our goats last night..gave him a blanket with lots of straw under it and plenty of water..and this morning we found him in the neighbors yard again, in a freshly dug hole! i dont know what could be wrong with him! is there anything i can do for him until i can get him in somewhere?

my first response was gonna be that he might be having a seisure (sp??), or that he got into some poisoning....But if he was out again this morning I don't know.....

If he keeps getting out though could you chain him up/tie him up somewhere so he doesn't keep digging out???

We had a dog that had a convulsion/seisure---he ended up having Strick9 poisoning....or so that's what the vet set....He convolused for hours on end(while at the vets office) they said if it didn't stop by the next morning they would more than likely put him down (because of brain damage)...He stopped that morning (it went on from start to finish for over 29 hours)...
We also had another dog that got into some other poison...Not sure if it was rat poison or what (the poison was not from here and neither was the strick9 from the other dog)....But we lost him before we even knew what happened....

He may have eaten something he shouldn't have. Give him some bread (lots) if he'll eat. But I highly suggest a vet asap
Bread is to soak up anything in his stomach or you can give him a Hydrogen peroxide/water mixture and he will vomit up anything that shouldn't be there.

Last edited:
Sounds like either a seizure or he got into some type of poison. He really should be seen by a vet before it is too late.

(Also, you might want to try some peroxide to make him throw up. If he ate something he shouldn't have, making him vomit might help. I really think the vet would be best though. If he started doing this last night, he needs to have bloodwork done to check his levels. )

Last edited:
we are fine on the rabies front...i wonder if its poison too.
we are going to have to chain him up..i hate doing that and i thought i had fixed all the holes he had made before.
which really doesnt matter since he obviously will just dig another one!!
barnie.gif

im going to take him to the vet as soon as my husband gets paid, which isnt until saturday.
sad.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom