Dosage for Duramycin/Tetracycline??

Yes... with ya still :) The water...... is it so concentrated that it has to be mixed in a gallon? Or does that even matter? 

If you put 700mg (4.24 teapoons) in let's say a quart, your dog would have to drink all of that quart to get the 700mg. That quart of water has 21.875 mg per ounce (700 mg / 32 ounces = 21.875 mg per ounce).

-Kathy

Think out it like this... Four 200 mg Advil pills =. 800 mg, right? Take those four pills and crush them... Now you have Advil powder. If your doctor told you to take 800 mg worth of powder, how would you take it? You could mix in in a cup and drink it, but you would have to drink the whole cup to get all 800 mg. Same applies to the oxytetracyline powder. If you want to give your dog 700 mg twice a day you need to give it 4.24 teaspoons twice a day.

-Kathy

Ok got it lol I didn't know if they were saying it had to be a gallon because of the concentration of it. WOW....they should really put a better label on that bag ;) Thank you for all your help! I'm getting ready to make my 1st coop as well so reading all of your past posts helped with a lot more than just this!

I've been in panic mode cause of my poor dog. She is so sick and I have been doing everything to help. I am going to go make this up and get it down her throat!

I've been in panic mode cause of my poor dog. She is so sick and I have been doing everything to help. I am going to go make this up and get it down her throat! 

Mix 4.25 teaspoons and a small amount of water, like 30ml maybe and give orally. I think I read that it should be given on an empty stomach and never with dairy or anything with calcium because cyclines can bind with calcium. It can also be had on the kidneys, so make sure your dog is drinking enough.

-Kathy

Ok got it lol I didn't know if they were saying it had to be a gallon because of the concentration of it. WOW....they should really put a better label on that bag ;) Thank you for all your help! I'm getting ready to make my 1st coop as well so reading all of your past posts helped with a lot more than just this! 

It's written like that for livestock because it's not feasible to treat a while flock or herd orally.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom