Double yolk eggs?

So I cut the girls yard time to about 3 hours today, mainly because it started thunder storming, and gave them 2 small cups of 16% layer feed. They ate mostly in the yard and had some of the layer feed. There was one normal sized egg in the coop before I went to work but after I got back, there were 3 more and another double yolker!
How long does it take after cutting on feed before the hen(s) that's laying them, starts laying normal sized eggs again?
On a side note, they go back behind my neighbors yard a lot, I wonder if they're feeding them? They love giving my dogs extra treats when they stop by..

So I cut the girls yard time to about 3 hours today, mainly because it started thunder storming, and gave them 2 small cups of 16% layer feed. They ate mostly in the yard and had some of the layer feed. There was one normal sized egg in the coop before I went to work but after I got back, there were 3 more and another double yolker!
How long does it take after cutting on feed before the hen(s) that's laying them, starts laying normal sized eggs again?
On a side note, they go back behind my neighbors yard a lot, I wonder if they're feeding them? They love giving my dogs extra treats when they stop by..
definately stop them from going back there, or else tell them kindly to stop for a while. If you get a week without any double yolkers then you are good
thumbsup.gif
yesss.gif

I figured out what it is!
I have smaller pullets in the coop as well, in a fenced off area. I caught one of my hens eating their food! They must've figured out how to get in there and have been eating all their food. That does explain why they weren't eating the layer feed I was giving them and why the pullets were going through so much food... Those little pigs!

I figured out what it is!
I have smaller pullets in the coop as well, in a fenced off area. I caught one of my hens eating their food! They must've figured out how to get in there and have been eating all their food. That does explain why they weren't eating the layer feed I was giving them and why the pullets were going through so much food... Those little pigs!
yay!!
so take that away from them, wait a week, and if there's no double yolkers then voila! problem solved!

Back
Top Bottom