Dreaming of buying a "homestead"

Well the house was actually okay, but the area it was in wasn't... so we aren't interested in buying it. The neighboors just aren't our cup of tea (they came out to stare at us), and they are closer and their houses aren't the nicest at all..... so we will probably be looking at building if we move up there.

Curiosity ? but living in the country to me means space ......neighbours are okay , but not within eye sight .....at least for me anyways . That's why a larger acreage is preferable , and mature wooded properties are the best in my world ......

Curiosity ? but living in the country to me means space ......neighbours are okay , but not within eye sight .....at least for me anyways . That's why a larger acreage is preferable , and mature wooded properties are the best in my world ......
We agree with that. We would prefer neighbors in distant site, but not close enough to hear. Hearing our neighbors is one of our biggest problems here!

I didn't see what area you were looking, but If you are interested I have a 480 sq. ft. small cottage I built in 2008, 1 bedroom, 1 full bath, living room, kitchen, on a 3/4 finished basement w/powder room (with space for another bedroom) on 5 1/2 acres located 40 miles south of Roanoke VA I was selling. There is also a 12 x 24 rear deck, 20 x 24 metal carport and a 11 x 16 workshop/toolshed. Plenty of room to add-on if necessary.

Last edited:
We were looking in Arkansas. In an area my husband and I may have to move to for work. We recently found out I'm pregnant so if he doesn't get the job there we will stay in our current house and just change a few things.

We were looking in Arkansas. In an area my husband and I may have to move to for work. We recently found out I'm pregnant so if he doesn't get the job there we will stay in our current house and just change a few things.
Congrats on the new family member. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Back
Top Bottom