dry incubation

heheehe lets see whos hatch first lol, but i an getting very impatient
I dreamed all night long about hatching chicks and finally realized at about 5 am that it was teh SOUND of hatching chicks that was making the dreams lol. No idea how many out yet but enough to be noisy.

well im still nothing.... bummer! i did everything right but still NOTHING ahhhh !
1f603.png
xx

well im still nothing.... bummer! i did everything right but still NOTHING ahhhh !
1f603.png
xx
Be calm Grasshopper! Go get yourself a hot cuppa, it will help the wait. Sometimes, even though we do it all right, it goes all wrong but other times, the chicks is just late. lol

I set one batch of eggs that hatched one chick. Waited two days and then turned off the bator. Only to have several try to hatch as it cooled down. Turns out I didnt let ALL the eggs come up to the same temp for long enough. They had come out of a VERY cold chicken house.

So it might all turn out fine after all. One nice thing about chickens, its only 21 days for trying again. Not like a cow or horse, now THAT is mindblowing, waiting all that time and then having to try again.

my husband just candled the eggs,(bird breeder) and one of them isn't moving at all what should we do? we have 4 eggs btw,
and the other 3 are moving but don't seem to be as big as egg 1(the one that's not moving)
1f615.png

As far as I know all you can do is wait for them to try to get out.

I do help sometimes if I see one shrink wrapping but thats all I know to do. Had two sw this hatch as my humidity is falling off right when I need it highest and the last two batches of eggs have hatched over three days instead of all on day 21 so getting the first out has made it harder for the late ones.

I have my fingers crossed for you!

my husband just candled the eggs,(bird breeder) and one of them isn't moving at all what should we do? we have 4 eggs btw,
and the other 3 are moving but don't seem to be as big as egg 1(the one that's not moving)
1f615.png

Unless they are pipped it is very hard to assist. I don't assist unless that have atleast pipped on their own. At this point just let the bator continue to heat. What day are you on?

husband opened egg 1 and it has indeed shrink wrapped
1f612.png
so candled to other 3 and they are all moving around but no signs of pipping, how do you know when they have pipped internally ? so fingers crossed I'm on day 22 btw, xx

husband opened egg 1 and it has indeed shrink wrapped
1f612.png
so candled to other 3 and they are all moving around but no signs of pipping, how do you know when they have pipped internally ? so fingers crossed I'm on day 22 btw, xx
You can either hear them chirping from inside the shell, or you candle and you can see the beak/bill's shadow up in the air cell.

Back
Top Bottom