D'uccle Thread

Had to share this pic.......This little bad boy was hatched June 21, and he is crowing and strutting around like a BIG boy.
His mama is a Calico Cochin and his daddy is a MF D'Uccle. NOT a planned thing...and he is the only chick from the hatch to appear NOT purebred Cochin.
Ever hear of a hen laying eggs from 2 different roos in one clutch? Sure it's possible but weird!
The D'Uccle roo was removed [ or so I thought} before he bred

I think I love him!
love.gif
Adorable!!!
love.gif

Beautiful
Had to share this pic.......This little bad boy was hatched June 21, and he is crowing and strutting around like a BIG boy. His mama is a Calico Cochin and his daddy is a MF D'Uccle. NOT a planned thing...and he is the only chick from the hatch to appear NOT purebred Cochin. Ever hear of a hen laying eggs from 2 different roos in one clutch? Sure it's possible but weird! The D'Uccle roo was removed [ or so I thought} before he bred I think I love him! :love

I have a little Porcelain D'uccle pullet, my first, about 6 months old now. Will she lay before spring? I was reading the other day of someone selling eggs as soon as their girls start laying "any day now", but I thought these birds were more of a seasonal layer?

Just need to know so I can get the pair seperated if she is likely to start soon. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom