D'uccle Thread

I put all my roosters and hens together for the winter too. my hens all are getting along just fine, but I have four roosters, and the yougest one started fighting with the other three, so I put him in a cage, inside the run so that he can get used to the other roosters.

I put all my roosters and hens together for the winter too. my hens all are getting along just fine, but I have four roosters, and the yougest one started fighting with the other three, so I put him in a cage, inside the run so that he can get used to the other roosters.

That's plenty of space crzyckldy, and "mymillefleur" sometimes it simply depends on the birds personalities. I've had a mean one here and there. Good luck getting that little guy to cooperate!:)

Quote:
Yes, some of them can be more aggressive. a few years ago we had a hand raised roo that would flog my younger brother when he was a toddler so we had to put him down, but one of my breeding roo's was hand raised and he is very flighty, my other breeding roo was raised by a hen, and he is very friendly, but not aggressive. personality definitely has a lot to do with it.

Hello there, Here are a few pictures of my birds: Enjoying a dust bath. Speckles and Buttons. Buttercup. Miracle, Sunshine, Buttons, Buttercup, and Peppercorn. Looking on. Sunshine. What do you think?
They are beautiful! My lady is sooooo much smaller and not near the coloring! I know she's a bantam but the two bantams I bought for her to be friends with are already bigger then her
you can't see in the picture but she does have quite abit of color on top. Nothing like your flock !

Last edited:

They are beautiful! My lady is sooooo much smaller and not near the coloring! I know she's a bantam but the two bantams I bought for her to be friends with are already bigger then her

Some of mine are a little small too, and as for the coloring, I'm guessing she'll fill out after her first molt. mine always get a little lighter every time they molt.

Some day i will learn the secret of getting the chickens to hold still so you can take non-alien-blurry chickens pics. So far everytime i go near them they all crowd around me and try to climb up my legs and just won't old still. Pretty much, they act like this ---->
D.gif

Some of mine are a little small too, and as for the coloring, I'm guessing she'll fill out after her first molt. mine always get a little lighter every time they molt.
will her flowers get darker or maybe grow more of a pattern. She is from the feed store . So I know she will never look like your beauties but she is my favorite! Out of all my big girks and bantams. I yell " chicken little" through the window in the morning and she goes crazy talking to me. Is it just my girl or do they all have raspy voices?

When I got Violet, I was told she was a female. Violet turned four weeks yesterday. What do you guys thinks? Male? Female? Already have new name is male. Haha.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom