D'uccle Thread

Probably most people are off doing some holiday shopping or parties.

I think they are both gorgeous!! Love the blue coming through on that last boy. Very pretty.

Quote:
Awe!!!!
love.gif
What a cute girl she is!!
love.gif

~Aspen

Quote:
Sorry. Have been off most of the day tending to an 'orphan' d'Uccle chick, and also cleaning the coop...

Boy #1 is almost a nice goldneck. Love that tail on him. Very stiking!!

Boy #2 is gorgeous, and my favorite! Can't wait to see what color babes he will throw. Who will you put him with, color-wise?

Quote:
I have my youngest group in a hutch and I have not given them any extra protein, they are on layer crumble in fact, and their feet feathers are good. I think a lot has to due with genetics, and probably she would have feathers down the middle toe by now.

I don't think loading her up on protein will cause them to "sprout".

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/40744_002.jpg

I wasn't suggesting the protein because it will make them 'sprout'. But sometimes I see toe nibbling going on and extra protein can help with that. Not all feeds are 'equal', either....

Also, I sold a bird that had no middle toe feathers and you know what? He sprouted them later on and is GORGEOUS now. So no middle toe feathers right now is not a for sure thing. Those are young birds and if d'Uccles are rare in your area then I'd try the extra protein and practice patience as they finish growing up.

Quote:
Sorry. Have been off most of the day tending to an 'orphan' d'Uccle chick, and also cleaning the coop...

Boy #1 is almost a nice goldneck. Love that tail on him. Very stiking!!

Boy #2 is gorgeous, and my favorite! Can't wait to see what color babes he will throw. Who will you put him with, color-wise?

TY, Lori...
smile.png
#1 (w/Aubreys help) is a blue mf, so far
wink.png
Number 2 we arent sure yet, but I have a clutch of 5+ chicks 5wks old who are the same color, so we will see. Color is Secondary at the moment...My Type is what I'm working on...everything else will fall into place. Hugs to all...

Back
Top Bottom