D'uccle Thread

Hurley now has tiny feather sprouts of her middle toe! Yay!
woot.gif

As they get older I hope they both get more.

Update on my two 7-8 week d'uccles. They are both getting their middle toe feathers in and have been moved into the coop! What do you guys think of them? Good or bad comments, lay em' on me! I got these chicks from Dancinghen in late Oct.
sorry, these pictures aren't the clearest
hmm.png

Piper
104774_imgp1617.jpg

Hurley
104774_imgp1623.jpg

Hurley and Piper, shows some of their coloring
104774_imgp1618.jpg

104774_imgp1637.jpg

And this is what they do when their cold.
love.gif
Snuggle under their Orp buddies. So cute! Look at the size difference!
ep.gif
The orps are huge and are bigger than my bantam rock rooster and they are just 8 weeks old and getting bigger!!!

Quote:
OK GypsyChic

Now that I am at work and have a chance to look at this thread again. For type I like number 1 best but they are both looking good. I could just be the angles and how they posed.

They are both good looking and I can see the fruits of your labor.

Thank you Doug, I appreciate it alot. How are your silvers and Citron doing, are you still working w/them? Take care my friend, have a super day
smile.png

PS, heres another pic of the "Calaco Kid", just for fun...shows all his coloration <grin>

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/39809_000_9207.jpg https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/39809_000_9208.jpg

If you look at page 410 you can see the offspring of the lavendar cross to Mille Fluer Pairing. We also have the girls from that pairing with the variety of color in with the Self Blue Roo. which should produce some better Self Blue offspring this comming hatching season. WE have some pure black from that crossing and some pure blue as well as some laced and other mutations we were not expecting but so the genetic mix works.

Lemons are doing fine. We have the pullets from the Lemon Roo crossed to the Mille Fluer hen in with the lemon roo and kept two of the males and all the females as you don't know what may happen to the original roo. So the offspring currently are all Mille Fluer carrying the IG (Lemon) gene. We will see how they turn out.

Thank you everyone for sharing the teenage growing up pics! Aside from obvious flaws when they are young, I have been waiting till mine are about 6 months old to do a first 'judging' on the boys, then at a year for the hens to decide who are keepers. I've had some hens surprise me, one month they look skinny with a sparse beard, and 3 months later they are full figured mamas with nice fluffy chins!!! I'm still stuck on personality as my primary 'keeper reason,' since I feel like I am still new at this, D'uccle personality is what made me fall in love with the breed. That's why I joined the club, hoping to get some good advice this year from all you seasoned chicken breeders out there to keep my flock fluffy in all the right places, and in good form. Two of my youngest roosters have small wattles instead of teensy wattles
sad.png
So I eventually need to get pics and see if they are too much. Then I need to figure out who's throwing the wattles,right?

3 days ago was my chicks 1st day outside on the grass with the heat lamp as it was a bit chilly. they stood there and just looked around for about 2 hours then finally started plucking at the grass and schatching about they left 2 small bare spots in the grass lol

Quote:
Babies are so much fun to watch, especially once they realize "outside" is kewl and they flap around and act silly...to sweet
love.gif

Doug, sounds/looks like your coming along very well. Love the color on some of the youngsters...I had a couple turn out just like yours w/lav breeding. I'm finding more and more that lav's are a "missing link" regarding some of the "known/listed" more rare colors. It's very interesting how the gene works
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom