Duck Breed Focus - Indian Runner

Congrats! He's gorgeous
smile.png
You can take a clean pair of scissors and carefully snip that cord that's attached to the egg still. Be careful, don't pull on it. The bit attached to it's navel will come off soon-soon.
I wouldn't he's still has blood in his main vein!!!!!!!

@bethkitty

PLEASE SEND ME A CURRENT PIC.  I CAN HELP YOU.. 

He broke free last night ... was worried as still looked weak ... he's trying to stand up now & has made it through the night ...
I'm feeding him duck yolk (hard boiled) mixed with water & he's managing to eat this & drink this too ...
He still is a lot slower than expected ... hope I'm doing the right thing

He broke free last night ... was worried as still looked weak ... he's trying to stand up now & has made it through the night ...
I'm feeding him duck yolk (hard boiled) mixed with water & he's managing to eat this & drink this too ...
He still is a lot slower than expected ... hope I'm doing the right thing
He needs some vitamins, try to get some poultry drench from TSC, or Vitamin B complex, the human kind which can be found just about any store. for the Vitamin B drop 5 pills in a quart of water and then give him a couple of drops. you'll see huge improvements.

He needs some vitamins, try to get some poultry drench from TSC, or Vitamin B complex, the human kind which can be found just about any store.  for the Vitamin B drop 5 pills in a quart of water and then give him a couple of drops.  you'll see huge improvements.

Thank you xx he's doing well fingers crossed ... don't think he's out of the woods yet but he can finally hold his neck up ... trying to jump and can walk without falling over ... he struggles to hold his neck up when he's sleeping (is this normal) also noticed he's gone really fluffy finally apart from his neck and one side of his face (it looks hard and crusty I've dabbed at it to see what it is but nothing made a difference and I don't want to bath him as he's still a bit slow) any idea what the white crust could be ? The picture is of him earlier today having cuddles ... I can't get a good picture of the one side

Thank you xx he's doing well fingers crossed ... don't think he's out of the woods yet but he can finally hold his neck up ... trying to jump and can walk without falling over ... he struggles to hold his neck up when he's sleeping (is this normal) also noticed he's gone really fluffy finally apart from his neck and one side of his face (it looks hard and crusty I've dabbed at it to see what it is but nothing made a difference and I don't want to bath him as he's still a bit slow) any idea what the white crust could be ? The picture is of him earlier today having cuddles ... I can't get a good picture of the one side
Give him some Polyvisol with out iron a couple of drops twice a day, then a Vitamin E the whole thing. See if that doesn't help in a few days.

I've got 12 runner ducks and one Drake to be shipped out in a couple weeks and I couldn't be more excited. I'm getting them for their egg production and some constructive busy work. As soon as I saw the runners, I knew the breed I wanted to order. They're beautiful birds. I'm supposed to be getting 6 blacks ducks, a black Drake, 3 Fawn and white, 2 blue, and 1 chocolate. I can't wait!

P.s. I love all the pics that have been posted. I can't get enough info it seems :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom