Duck Breed Focus - Mallard

Hello my baby girl started sitting about 6 days ago. She's over a year old we have a drake mallard and her. They have been together since they were ducklings.
this was taken this morning. This is our first time what can I do to help her?
this is Donald he seems so lonely. Lol

Hello my baby girl started sitting about 6 days ago. She's over a year old we have a drake mallard and her. They have been together since they were ducklings. this was taken this morning. This is our first time what can I do to help her?this is Donald he seems so lonely. Lol
Will you be able to separate them once the ducklings have hatched?

Hello my baby girl started sitting about 6 days ago. She's over a year old we have a drake mallard and her. They have been together since they were ducklings. this was taken this morning. This is our first time what can I do to help her?this is Donald he seems so lonely. Lol
Let her do her job. She will tell Donald to help get food for the babies, otherwise go AWAY.

ETA.. Mallards do awesome brooding a clutch of eggs. I have a wild mallard hen and some snow mallards. Super broody and very social to humans. Those little ladies will fuss and run off a tom turkey if they get mad! My geese will not mess with a broody mallard hen either. She will do fine
wink.png

I'm debating getting a standard male and praying I can get some white offspring. Then line breed down....
Whoever dumped Peep in my pond, wish they would have left a whit male too....

I'm debating getting a standard male and praying I can get some white offspring. Then line breed down....
Whoever dumped Peep in my pond, wish they would have left a whit male too....

Wait did You get her genetically tested to know she a white mallard? If you haven't you should it would make the labeling of her a mallard a lot more valid , I had to do it for my black mallards to get the 100% pure bred mallard approval thing for mine. Becuase without the genetic test or proof of lineage ( I have both for mine) You couldn't sell her children as pure bred mallards.( which pure bred whites would be worth ALOT!!)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom