Duck egg still hasn't hatched

It's Alright Thanks, I'm not really sure I don't really care as long as it hatches haha. Good luck with your eggs

That's great! Hope all goes well! You'll have to post pics once it's out. :)

And thanks! I only had one make it out unfortunately, so I have a little singleton right now. She's doing great though, just wish she had a friend. It'll be a couple months I think before she's big enough to introduce to my other ducks.

Last edited:
I just looked at the egg and I can see what I think is the aircell threw the shell. It's at the pointy side of the egg, Is that alright? I heard it should be at the round side.

Last edited:
The air cell should be at the larger, rounder end of the egg. Did you see the air cell at all when you candled it before now? There is a clear area at the pointy end of the egg as well while they are developing, it's just an empty area (filled with fluid, unlike the air cell) until very late in incubation when the duckling takes up all the space. It can kind of look like another air cell sometimes. Hopefully that's all it is because if the air cell really is at the wrong end then that often makes hatching more difficult (sometimes impossible) for the duckling.

Have you heard any peeping or tapping from the duckling inside yet?

Edit: I just went back and looked at your pics earlier and it appears the air cell was on the right end of the egg then, so I wouldn't be too worried. It's probably just the little bit of empty space left inside that the duckling hasn't taken up. The rest of the egg is dark now, right?

Last edited:
Yeah, the rest of it is dark. I haven't heard anything yet, but hopefully soon. Thanks for the help, I got worried for a minute. Glad I found this website or I would be so lost about everything right now.

Back
Top Bottom