Duck eggs day 26 pipped on the wrong end

Yes it has been over 24 hours for that one and the first pipped egg.
Will the humidity drop hurt the eggs ?
I have a bunch of them pipped and some are zipping
I would let the ones zipping finish
They can boost the humidity up
I also keep a bottle with warm warmer to mist oh a corner of I open the bator. Not directly on the eggs but it helps to bring it up after opening
I open take egg quick and lid back down
Make sure the room isn’t cold

I would let the ones zipping finish
They can boost the humidity up
I also keep a bottle with warm warmer to mist oh a corner of I open the bator. Not directly on the eggs but it helps to bring it up after opening
I open take egg quick and lid back down
Make sure the room isn’t cold
Thank you for your help
I took out the both eggs and candled. Could not really see anything and they are very strong and chirping. I must have mistaken the chirping and yawning and started taken off the shell. Only little by little.
Well the wrong end pipper still has blood so I put him back into the incubator but in a spot where the new hatchlings can't quite get to it.
Then I went on and opened the first pipper a little bit because I thought he was shrink wrapped because I saw some yellow skin stuck on him even tho I can still see white membrane attach to the egg shell. I guess that's part of the veins ? When I tried to peel that yellow skin off him I saw blood. So I stopped there right away. Put him back
Mist the incubator then turn off all the lights so the hatchlings are settling down

Looks like I should really be patient and let them be. My original thoughts was to leave them be til all others hatched then I went against my instinct :(

Now I have 10 pipped and 4 hatched :)
2 eggs doesn't seem to be doing anything right now

Setting up my brooder tomorrow

Any tips on brooding ducklings ?

Attachments

• PXL_20230426_212934107.jpg
    PXL_20230426_212934107.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 8
Thank you for your help
I took out the both eggs and candled. Could not really see anything and they are very strong and chirping. I must have mistaken the chirping and yawning and started taken off the shell. Only little by little.
Well the wrong end pipper still has blood so I put him back into the incubator but in a spot where the new hatchlings can't quite get to it.
Then I went on and opened the first pipper a little bit because I thought he was shrink wrapped because I saw some yellow skin stuck on him even tho I can still see white membrane attach to the egg shell. I guess that's part of the veins ? When I tried to peel that yellow skin off him I saw blood. So I stopped there right away. Put him back
Mist the incubator then turn off all the lights so the hatchlings are settling down

Looks like I should really be patient and let them be. My original thoughts was to leave them be til all others hatched then I went against my instinct :(

Now I have 10 pipped and 4 hatched :)
2 eggs doesn't seem to be doing anything right now

Setting up my brooder tomorrow

Any tips on brooding ducklings ?
You did good by stopping when you saw blood
Some Babies can take a really long time :)
I find puppy pads work great for the first few weeks
Easy to clean up
I always add nutritional yeast to the feed 1tbs to 1cup feed for 12 weeks
Not all breeds or ducklings need the extra niacin but those that do and don’t get it can have leg issues and if not treated can lead to death
It won’t hurt the ones that don’t need the extra either
Make sure babies have water deep enough to dunk their heads but not big enough to jump in getting wet and cold
I use butter containers and cut holes in the lids
They need a warm side but also able to get away from the heat if needed
I don’t worry about them eating for 24 hours as the yolk keeps them full
I will show them the feed and water a few times in the 24 hours but I don’t worry if they don’t stay to eat
I also check all babies vents over the first 48 hours to make sure they don’t have pasty butt
Rarely happens but have had it so now I check them all
Most of all enjoy every little moment with them. They grow really fast :)
Added pics of my deeper water. I also keep the smaller water in for a week
You can use any plastic containers as long as you can cut holes

Attachments

• 9003A1F7-E53F-4027-A885-C7BFA944F48A.png
    9003A1F7-E53F-4027-A885-C7BFA944F48A.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
  • 66ED378B-C3D0-44AB-9B6D-64C7CFF0A412.png
    66ED378B-C3D0-44AB-9B6D-64C7CFF0A412.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
You did good by stopping when you saw blood
Some Babies can take a really long time :)
I find puppy pads work great for the first few weeks
Easy to clean up
I always add nutritional yeast to the feed 1tbs to 1cup feed for 12 weeks
Not all breeds or ducklings need the extra niacin but those that do and don’t get it can have leg issues and if not treated can lead to death
It won’t hurt the ones that don’t need the extra either
Make sure babies have water deep enough to dunk their heads but not big enough to jump in getting wet and cold
I use butter containers and cut holes in the lids
They need a warm side but also able to get away from the heat if needed
I don’t worry about them eating for 24 hours as the yolk keeps them full
I will show them the feed and water a few times in the 24 hours but I don’t worry if they don’t stay to eat
I also check all babies vents over the first 48 hours to make sure they don’t have pasty butt
Rarely happens but have had it so now I check them all
Most of all enjoy every little moment with them. They grow really fast :)
Added pics of my deeper water. I also keep the smaller water in for a week
You can use any plastic containers as long as you can cut holes
Thank you for the information
I will pickup some puppy pads tonight
I have one of those chick waterer I'll use for now till next week

I add in the deeper water bowl about day 3
The beak will grow fast
Once you see it grow then add the deeper one in
I just leave both in for a week
Thank you !!
I just moved my 8 hatchlings into the brooder and 2 more in the incubator. 4 pipped :) one on the wrong end again lol but he made a hole himself so I'm just gonna leave him there. Only one egg left that hasn't done anything yet with two goose eggs lol hopefully I'll see more actions tomorrow

Attachments

• PXL_20230428_022229288.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230428_022229288.PORTRAIT.jpg
    510.6 KB · Views: 6
Thank you !!
I just moved my 8 hatchlings into the brooder and 2 more in the incubator. 4 pipped :) one on the wrong end again lol but he made a hole himself so I'm just gonna leave him there. Only one egg left that hasn't done anything yet with two goose eggs lol hopefully I'll see more actions tomorrow
Look at all those adorable babies :)

Back
Top Bottom