Duck hatch-a-long october/november!!!!!! come join!

Quote:
It can be kind of discouraging but it pays off when they hatch. I've just recently started incubating duck eggs and I hate it. It was so much less stressful incubating coturnix and button quail. The eggs are so dark I couldn't candle them so I just let them along and then SURPRISE on hatch date. With the ducks I'm totally freakin out. I have 4 due to hatch tomorrow but I'm freakin because they haven't externally pipped yet and I'm just all UGH.

So my chicken eggs arrived today, 1 was smashed in the box. I did a quick candle to see if there were any cracks in the rest of them, which they appear OK. But one has a dark spot floating around in it, if I tilt the egg the spot moves, fairly quickly. What is that and is that egg any good?

I'm just going to jump right in here. I've got ten duck eggs in the bator this is day four I couldn't wait to candle them because they had been sitting for almost two weeks already, im so excited I can already see veins in all ten =) with green shells and all, time to invest in better flashlight

So my 4 Anconas were on day 28 yesterday. I had made safe holes in 3 as only one had externally pipped on day 27. Last night was 24 hrs with no improvement on the externally pipped one. I then texted an experienced breeder and she walked me through assisting. He was definitely too weak to get out anymore. I think possibly my humidity was too low early on, not sure.

A second egg has externally pipped and seems to be making progress so I'm going to let the others sit at least until tonight. Will update and get pics when they are out of the bator!

So my 4 Anconas were on day 28 yesterday. I had made safe holes in 3 as only one had externally pipped on day 27. Last night was 24 hrs with no improvement on the externally pipped one. I then texted an experienced breeder and she walked me through assisting. He was definitely too weak to get out anymore. I think possibly my humidity was too low early on, not sure.

A second egg has externally pipped and seems to be making progress so I'm going to let the others sit at least until tonight. Will update and get pics when they are out of the bator!

Yay babies! I cant wait till I get my eggs!

I'm just going to jump right in here. I've got ten duck eggs in the bator this is day four I couldn't wait to candle them because they had been sitting for almost two weeks already, im so excited I can already see veins in all ten =) with green shells and all, time to invest in better flashlight

Yay how exciting hope for a good hatch for ya!

Even if none hatch I'm still pleased, my rouen hen hatched 7 of ten already after four days I separated them put her back with Drake started giving her egg layer and ended up with these ten =) going for double this year.. And my power just went out =/

First one!!!

Back
Top Bottom