Duck hatch-a-long october/november!!!!!! come join!

Powers back on, temp stable 99~100, time to put some chicken eggs on lock down in my little giant still air so I can keep humidity up, my house is so dry =( very difficult to keep humidity in my forced air.. Need a new gauge.

Hi all. I'd like to join you. I have 3 ancona eggs in the incubator that are due to hatch the day after Thanksgiving. I can't wait!! I have 18 chicken eggs that went in first and are due on the 11th. Also going to add a few EE eggs in a few days so they will be due the same day as the ducks. The chicken eggs are all from my chickies, but the duck eggs I bought on eBay and had shipped. This is my first ever experience with incubating and in my own homemade 'bator to boot! Boy am I a glutton for punishment or what.
lau.gif

Hi all.  I'd like to join you.  I have 3 ancona eggs in the incubator that are due to hatch the day after Thanksgiving.  I can't wait!!   I have 18 chicken eggs that went in first and are due on the 11th.  Also going to add a few EE eggs in a few days so they will be due the same day as the ducks.  The chicken eggs are all from my chickies, but the duck eggs I bought on eBay and had shipped.  This is my first ever experience with incubating and in my own homemade 'bator to boot!  Boy am I a glutton for punishment or what.  :lau

Did you get them from NC? I got some from there and mine are due to hatch Thursday!!!

Yep mine came from NC as well. Yours are due much sooner than mine. I'm jealous!
tongue.png
I just am hoping so hard that I get at least one or two live lil' duckies.
fl.gif
They arrived in really good condition. Only one had a detached air cell. I let them sit undisturbed for 24 hours before putting them in the 'bator, and am not turning them for a couple days. Hopefully the air cell will reattach and still be a viable egg.

Yep mine came from NC as well.  Yours are due much sooner than mine.  I'm jealous!  :p   I just am hoping so hard that I get at least one or two live lil' duckies.  :fl   They arrived in really good condition.  Only one had a detached air cell.  I let them sit undisturbed for 24 hours before putting them in the 'bator, and am not turning them for a couple days.  Hopefully the air cell will reattach and still be a viable egg.

Lets hope it reattachs!:fl

Yep mine came from NC as well.  Yours are due much sooner than mine.  I'm jealous!  :p   I just am hoping so hard that I get at least one or two live lil' duckies.  :fl   They arrived in really good condition.  Only one had a detached air cell.  I let them sit undisturbed for 24 hours before putting them in the 'bator, and am not turning them for a couple days.  Hopefully the air cell will reattach and still be a viable egg.

They can still hatch even with detached air cells. Mine right now (four total) one had a detached air cell and it settled basically across the whole egg. I'm having to assist hatch it but he's alive :) I'll post a picture getting ready to bust him out now.

So yeah if it doesn't re- attached but the embryo is alive then don't give up on it!!!

They can still hatch even with detached air cells. Mine right now (four total) one had a detached air cell and it settled basically across the whole egg. I'm having to assist hatch it but he's alive
smile.png
I'll post a picture getting ready to bust him out now.

So yeah if it doesn't re- attached but the embryo is alive then don't give up on it!!!
Oh that is certainly good to hear! I'm not giving up on it, was just concerned about the air cell. Definitely want to see some pics!
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom