Duck Having seizures...daughters therapy pet...please help

Still going to tube feed some the next night or two until he eats good on his own. Oh and guess what? So far NO seizures today. Doc wants him on low dose of the seizure meds for a few more weeks, and hopefully that will allow cured. Thank you so much for telling me about the tube feeding. I had been telling my daughter that I felt like if he could just get some nutrients in him beside the electrolytes he would probably feel better. So thank you all for the advice

Glad you were able to tube him. Many times just a little tubing is enough to get them back on track. Welcome to "Team Tube Feeding"! :D

-Kathy

Still going to tube feed some the next night or two until he eats good on his own. Oh and guess what? So far NO seizures today. Doc wants him on low dose of the seizure meds for a few more weeks, and hopefully that will allow cured. Thank you so much for telling me about the tube feeding. I had been telling my daughter that I felt like if he could just get some nutrients in him beside the electrolytes he would probably feel better. So thank you all for the advice
Such good news!! I bet your daughter is beside herself with happiness.
highfive.gif

Do you recommend brewers yeast on his food if he is eating on his own? I looked to see if I could find some and the only type I could find was Fleischmans.

Last edited:
Do you recommend brewers yeast on his food if he is eating on his own? I looked to see if I could find some and the only type I could find was Fleischmans.
Nope not Fleischmans that is for baking, most likely you'll have to go to a Natural food store for Nutritional or Brewers yeast human grade not the kind for making beer
It sure won't hurt him to have some unless he is getting it in his vitamins?

OK that's what I thought too, lol. Didn't make sense to give a bird self-rising yeast :p. Right now he is taking a pack of pro biotics and electrolytes in his water. We are tube feeding him his food mixed with a little dextrose and 1/2 ml of mineral oil per the vet reccomendation. So wasn't sure that since he is trying to eat in his own if that would help him

OK that's what I thought too, lol. Didn't make sense to give a bird self-rising yeast :p. Right now he is taking a pack of pro biotics and electrolytes in his water. We are tube feeding him his food mixed with a little dextrose and 1/2 ml of mineral oil per the vet reccomendation. So wasn't sure that since he is trying to eat in his own if that would help him
Curiously, what's the mineral oil for?

-Kathy

The doc said the mineral oil helps pull out any toxins in the body and promotes more movement in the bowels to rid him of any toxin he might have

UPDATE: Baby is more alert. He is actually being ornery again and is back talking. :) He is walking better and eating more on his own. We tubed him last night again to give him that boost over night. He is up and quacking at me this morning and wanted me to post this adorable picture of him turning his head up and saying good morning everyone!! :)

Back
Top Bottom