Duck Pond/pool pictures

Wow! all pictures of duck pond/pool are very beautiful. If ever face pond leakage issue then use pond coating by pondpro2000 which protect the pond from leaks and damages. It becomes a shield between water and pond and secures it from all extreme weather or temperature worst conditions. Thanks for awesome sharing.

Here A picture of my pond I built for my ducks and swans. The palms only made it one season the swans ate them.

100_0584.jpg
I saw yours too, it's beautiful!! I tried to add it in an edit..oh well LOL

oops, wrong thread...:oops:

Such beautiful and innovative ponds and pools!

We live in the high desert of SW CO so we don't have year round water. Our farm doesn't have water rights but we get run off from a ranch above us and winter snow melt so we have dug ditches throughout the pasture to help distribute what water we do get. We got the ducks to help maintain the ditches as we have crawdads that just burrow and destroy the ditches. We have one ditch that runs right behind the house where we have our chicken/duck/goat coop/paddock so we widened the ditch into 4 little ponds for our ducks. They aren't very deep and we don't often have water in them but it allows us to fill a hole from the hose when we need to. The ditch is on a slight grade so the ponds will fill and overflow down into the next and so on until they flow out the ditch into the bottom pasture. When we get floods it's amazing to see the amount of water rushing through the property but the ducks take advantage of it! The bottom pond empties into a straight ditch that is about a foot wide and a foot deep and runs straight for 100 yards or so until it hits the pasture. When the flood waters are running the ducks hop into the ditch below the last pond one after another and body surf the entire distance to the pasture in the racing water! Then they hop out, waddle back up to the pond and do it again! It is hysterical and you can just tell they are having a blast!

View down the ditch ponds:

0707_ducks2.jpg

View up the ditch ponds:

IMG_2733.jpg

Ponds/coop/paddock as seen from our back porch:

2011_ponds.jpg
GREAT IDEA

First I just had the pen but my dogs were attacked and killed by predators. So I built a pen around the hut.My hut and pen are very basic but secure for the ducks at night. in the day they get to free range around this beautiful pondView attachment 1059056 View attachment 1059057 View attachment 1059056 View attachment 1059057 View attachment 1059062
new hut and pen in progress https://www.backyardchickens.com/gallery/albums/duck-pen-project-7-1-17.7427681/

Back
Top Bottom