Duck ponds with circulation. My corrugated hose keeps breaking

Newbie6789

Songster
Mar 4, 2020
I have a year round duck pond with circulation and heat (WI). The corrugated hose for ponds keeps breaking - on both the above "waterfall" and the pump connection below. Hopefully the photo gives and indication of challenge - not sure how to point to the corrugated hose. Any suggestions on other hoses???? Thanks!
Thelma enjoying a swim 2021.jpg
:(:(. We use a circulating pump with a 2 inch hose. Any help or ideas on what other hoses to use is greatly appreciated!

Depends on why it breaks. A photo with the rocks removed would be more helpful to see the whole system.

Just a guess without knowing the specifics, try and find a higher psi hose, maybe rubber instead of plastic. Depends how is the hose connected to the pump, which hose is breaking, the discharge hose, or the connections etc..

You may be able to google search for businesses in your area that make custom rubber hoses, or you can make one yourself depending on what fasteners you need to secure it to the pump. Hydraulic hoses for example are made of rubber and made to withstand high pressures, and most hydraulic hoses are custom made by specialty businesses. Radiator hoses are a stronger material. Any hose that can stand 50 or 65 psi is good enough, 80 psi would be even better.

If you find a custom hose business, you could ask for a quote and describe what you need, maybe its possible. Otherwise you can buy the fittings yourself and find a hose on amazon. It depends what fittings you need, they are interchangable to the hose. Google for "2" high psi rubber hoses" maybe can get you started if you wanted to order the parts. Can't really be more specific without a photo of the connections.

I get some pond supply catalogs, since I'm smitten by ducks too. I looked up one site and they have several options. https://www.pondsupply.com/miscellaneouspondandaccessories.html

Are you sure it's the actual tubing that is breaking, and not the seals between joints? Needed to ask because I think that might be the first place to leak. I'm sure the pond supply companies will be helpful if you call, especially now that it's not high season. Hope you find a solution. Holly

Depending on how you route the hose, PEX (from any lowes, Home Depot, etc) would work. It’s pretty tough and expands if it freezes. Fittings are a little pricey, but you never have to replace it.

Back
Top Bottom