Duck Videos Thread!

Thinking good thoughts and praying for Amykins, Wobbles and Bean.

I made a really short video to share, of the most wettest duck bath time ever held in our home.

0.jpg
They sure are precious Amiga..

I found this oldie but goodie lurking in my hard drive, I never uploaded it to youtube until now. I give you Bean, doin' laps like a good little sink birb!

0.jpg

I'll see if I can get my crew to cooperate on this. It will take a little while, even if everyone is on board… I need to pick Romy up to weigh her today, anyway. Now to find a camera operator.

In an attempt to keep this on the table, I will (with Kaine's help) demonstrate a horrible way to hold a duck...

In this picture, I am slouched back and Kaine is laying back on my stomach/chest with his wings on the bottom. Ducks hate laying on their wings and you will never see one do this on their own so you should never hold them like that. Most of his weight is still downward on his feet where he uses his legs to hold himself up and keep himself pushed back against me. He is also using his legs to stabilize himself so he doesn't fall to either side. You should really have more control over your duck so they don't do anything crazy and hurt themselves. Despite this being a really awful way to hold a duck, Kaine seems to like it since he doesn't struggle and his heart rate doesn't go up. I use my free (on standby to stabilize and hold him at all times) hand to stroke his chest and I talk to him and he seems content to stay like this for 3-5 minutes (the longest I ever really hold a duck). Sometimes he puts his bill against my cheek. I am not sure if this is aggressive or just warming his bill, but he NEVER tries to bite/nip/peck me, so I guess if he isn't scared and he isn't mad, at least he trusts and tolerates me. He is the only duck I hold this way and for some reason he seems more relaxed this way than any other way... But this is still, not how anyone should hold a duck
wink.png
gig.gif

In an attempt to keep this on the table, I will (with Kaine's help) demonstrate a horrible way to hold a duck...

In this picture, I am slouched back and Kaine is laying back on my stomach/chest with his wings on the bottom. Ducks hate laying on their wings and you will never see one do this on their own so you should never hold them like that. Most of his weight is still downward on his feet where he uses his legs to hold himself up and keep himself pushed back against me. He is also using his legs to stabilize himself so he doesn't fall to either side. You should really have more control over your duck so they don't do anything crazy and hurt themselves. Despite this being a really awful way to hold a duck, Kaine seems to like it since he doesn't struggle and his heart rate doesn't go up. I use my free (on standby to stabilize and hold him at all times) hand to stroke his chest and I talk to him and he seems content to stay like this for 3-5 minutes (the longest I ever really hold a duck). Sometimes he puts his bill against my cheek. I am not sure if this is aggressive or just warming his bill, but he NEVER tries to bite/nip/peck me, so I guess if he isn't scared and he isn't mad, at least he trusts and tolerates me. He is the only duck I hold this way and for some reason he seems more relaxed this way than any other way... But this is still, not how anyone should hold a duck
wink.png
gig.gif
love.gif

wink.png
gig.gif
I'm surprised he likes that!
idunno.gif
I would be careful not to break or damage the wing feathers when he is being held like that. It could hurt his wing if the feathers are pushed in. But I guess if he likes it, it would be mean to deprive him of it!
smile.png

Kaine is just that tough….
love.gif
tough enough for love!!!

Meanwhile, my cooperators aren't…. but will be, soon.

I hope.

Right now it worked better to just walk Alba and Salem back into their pen from the tub. sigh. These girls - have had to be fending for themselves, for sure, but they are pretty mellow as long as we don't violate the five foot rule. 'Twill make giving medicine trickier. More slope to the learning curve.
lol.png

In an attempt to keep this on the table, I will (with Kaine's help) demonstrate a horrible way to hold a duck... In this picture, I am slouched back and Kaine is laying back on my stomach/chest with his wings on the bottom. Ducks hate laying on their wings and you will never see one do this on their own so you should never hold them like that. Most of his weight is still downward on his feet where he uses his legs to hold himself up and keep himself pushed back against me. He is also using his legs to stabilize himself so he doesn't fall to either side. You should really have more control over your duck so they don't do anything crazy and hurt themselves. Despite this being a really awful way to hold a duck, Kaine seems to like it since he doesn't struggle and his heart rate doesn't go up. I use my free (on standby to stabilize and hold him at all times) hand to stroke his chest and I talk to him and he seems content to stay like this for 3-5 minutes (the longest I ever really hold a duck). Sometimes he puts his bill against my cheek. I am not sure if this is aggressive or just warming his bill, but he NEVER tries to bite/nip/peck me, so I guess if he isn't scared and he isn't mad, at least he trusts and tolerates me. He is the only duck I hold this way and for some reason he seems more relaxed this way than any other way... But this is still, not how anyone should hold a duck ;) :gig
see his web on Tony's index feather. Wow. He is such a cute and adorable and soft looking duck. I promise not to do this to mine when ever I get some. I'm glad the burd likes it, though.

Back
Top Bottom