Duck Videos Thread!

Oh god, the sound of a dozen ducks all filtering in the mud is just too much!! I can't breathe!!
gig.gif

I found this oldie but goodie lurking in my hard drive, I never uploaded it to youtube until now. I give you Bean, doin' laps like a good little sink birb!

0.jpg
I just saw this, Amykins. She is such a cute little swimmer berbie. So cool you 'had' to hold her to put her in. KISS THAT LITTLE THING…..

They think that if I'm in the pen at all, I must have refilled their food bin, so they keep going back to their house to check! Silly birds
big_smile.png
Oh, I loved this video. The sounds. Girls quacking, boys doing their waspy noise, bills filtering the puddles, rain falling. And the whole group of them moving as one. They are so adorable and once they dry off I will be there to squeeze and kiss each one.

I'm surprised he likes that!
idunno.gif
I would be careful not to break or damage the wing feathers when he is being held like that. It could hurt his wing if the feathers are pushed in. But I guess if he likes it, it would be mean to deprive him of it!
smile.png

As I stated initially, that is NOT a way to hold a duck
gig.gif
This evolved over time. All of my ducks I grab by the sides, thumbs holding the wings and flip them upside down (they usually put their heads above their chest) for foot inspection. Well Kaine is usually kind of squirmy and when flipped, he was fairly calm but he would bicycle at the sky for a minute or so. Since he was calmer this way, I took to just holding him flipped but I would bring him in close to my chest so he wasn't suspended in the air. So one day I was holding him like this and he kept bicycling the air so I brought my right hand around to hold him by the center of his chest and put my left hand out to give him some purchase on his feet. He immediately "stood" on my hand and lifted himself slightly (just enough to know that the weight was all on his legs). I then carefully lifted my right hand and started stroking his tummy. He just stays there. I have had to interact with him enough that I can tell when he is scared by his heart beat (he puts on a tough face, so you wouldn't know otherwise), but in this case, he is completely unstressed and at no time are his feathers stroked backward (he doesn't slide down my chest). Also that right hand is always ready to stabilize / hold him if necessary.

Another thing about Kaine that is funny is he is very poop conscious. If we are holding him he will squirm STRONGLY about 10 seconds before he poops giving us a chance to put him down. He really doesn't want to poop on us. The other ducks either poop on purpose as a defense mechanism (I pick up Tevye at arm's length for a couple seconds before holding him), or seem indifferent and with no warning may get you after a random amount of time.

Last edited:
As I stated initially, that is NOT a way to hold a duck
gig.gif
This evolved over time. All of my ducks I grab by the sides, thumbs holding the wings and flip them upside down (they usually put their heads above their chest) for foot inspection. Well Kaine is usually kind of squirmy and when flipped, he was fairly calm but he would bicycle at the sky for a minute or so. Since he was calmer this way, I took to just holding him flipped but I would bring him in close to my chest so he wasn't suspended in the air. So one day I was holding him like this and he kept bicycling the air so I brought my right hand around to hold him by the center of his chest and put my left hand out to give him some purchase on his feet. He immediately "stood" on my hand and lifted himself slightly (just enough to know that the weight was all on his legs). I then carefully lifted my right hand and started stroking his tummy. He just stays there. I have had to interact with him enough that I can tell when he is scared by his heart beat (he puts on a tough face, so you wouldn't know otherwise), but in this case, he is completely unstressed and at no time are his feathers stroked backward (he doesn't slide down my chest). Also that right hand is always ready to stabilize / hold him if necessary.

Another thing about Kaine that is funny is he is very poop conscious. If we are holding him he will squirm STRONGLY about 10 seconds before he poops giving us a chance to put him down. He really doesn't want to poop on us. The other ducks either poop on purpose as a defense mechanism (I pick up Tevye at arm's length for a couple seconds before holding him), or seem indifferent and with no warning may get you after a random amount of time.
That's cute that he likes it!

I don't think my ducks are poop conscious.
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom