Duck Videos Thread!

Peeppeeppeeppeep! Precious peepers! ♡

2665.png
X2

As I stated initially, that is NOT a way to hold a duck
gig.gif
This evolved over time. All of my ducks I grab by the sides, thumbs holding the wings and flip them upside down (they usually put their heads above their chest) for foot inspection. Well Kaine is usually kind of squirmy and when flipped, he was fairly calm but he would bicycle at the sky for a minute or so. Since he was calmer this way, I took to just holding him flipped but I would bring him in close to my chest so he wasn't suspended in the air. So one day I was holding him like this and he kept bicycling the air so I brought my right hand around to hold him by the center of his chest and put my left hand out to give him some purchase on his feet. He immediately "stood" on my hand and lifted himself slightly (just enough to know that the weight was all on his legs). I then carefully lifted my right hand and started stroking his tummy. He just stays there. I have had to interact with him enough that I can tell when he is scared by his heart beat (he puts on a tough face, so you wouldn't know otherwise), but in this case, he is completely unstressed and at no time are his feathers stroked backward (he doesn't slide down my chest). Also that right hand is always ready to stabilize / hold him if necessary.

Another thing about Kaine that is funny is he is very poop conscious. If we are holding him he will squirm STRONGLY about 10 seconds before he poops giving us a chance to put him down. He really doesn't want to poop on us. The other ducks either poop on purpose as a defense mechanism (I pick up Tevye at arm's length for a couple seconds before holding him), or seem indifferent and with no warning may get you after a random amount of time.
Precious soft holdable appropriate well mannered I want to hold Kaine and kiss him. That's all.

That's cute that he likes it!

I don't think my ducks are poop conscious.
sickbyc.gif
Only Kaine
gig.gif
From the rest of the ducks, 50% will poop on you just because you dared to pick them up, the other 50% are unaware of that function and your probability of getting pooped on goes up with time.
sickbyc.gif

Oooh, learning is hard lol! Thanks, and yours is really funny! By the way, how do you get videos as your avatar?
The short answer: transcode them into gifs (10fps) - you are limited to 2MB in size by BYC and the avatar as it is used is 120x120 pixels so if you make the gif that size, you won't waste any of that precious 2MB.

Back
Top Bottom