Duck Videos Thread!

At six days old:

And at seven months old:

No matter what age, they just love lettuce!
Awww!!
love.gif
They are adorable!!! Is lettuce their favorite treat?

Lettuce or any greens really, mealworms, and tomatoes are probably their top favorites, in no particular order. They also really like minced up apples, peppers, and broccoli. They will pretty much eat just about anything from the duck-approved treats list, especially if I cut it up small and toss it in their pool. Anything they aren't sure about gets mealworms added in with it to help them get started. I almost always have a "duck bag" in the fridge for various scraps and leftovers that would normally get thrown away. Between the ducks and dogs, we don't throw away any produce really except onions.

Lettuce or any greens really, mealworms, and tomatoes are probably their top favorites, in no particular order. They also really like minced up apples, peppers, and broccoli. They will pretty much eat just about anything from the duck-approved treats list, especially if I cut it up small and toss it in their pool. Anything they aren't sure about gets mealworms added in with it to help them get started. I almost always have a "duck bag" in the fridge for various scraps and leftovers that would normally get thrown away. Between the ducks and dogs, we don't throw away any produce really except onions.
If tomatoes are near the top of the list, try this: don't cut it up at all (sometimes we make a small split to get them started. We call this Ducky football. (This is a repost, but I don't remember if I posted it here or not.)
0.jpg

What a cute video!!! The only time my ducks get cut up tomatoes is if there are leftovers - normally they get whole ones and they gobble 'em down so fast! Running around with part of one hanging out of their mouth with the other ducks chasing after to steal it, while completely ignoring the rest of the tomatoes scattered all over the ground. Very silly ducks.

Back
Top Bottom