Duck Videos Thread!

Then the peeping. Birds love to talk. Eee!!!!:)

They still do! If I'm out in the pen with them, and they are being nervous statutes, I just start talking to them, telling what pretty ducks they are, what clever ducks, silly ducks etc, and they start "talking" too and relax into normal ducky business. Or maybe that's because they know if I'm talking to them, then I'm not going to grab one of them and do a foot check? :rolleyes:

LOL, that's funny. Gosh forbid you handle one of them. Silly cuties. I'm glad they calm down once you start talking to them. My finch gurl always gets​ agitated when I am near but not my boy. Such personalities these birds have.

Ducks' first day of big pool this year:

0.jpg

Ducks' first day of big pool this year:
IN LOVE WIT DA FLOATY SWIMMY BURDS OF WATER. SWEET GRETA. They were going nuts in there. So cute. In and out. Up and down the ramp. This is another reason why I loves them. To remind everyone, it's their webs that enable the rapid darting.

Who keeps nipping at Tevye? Did you see him go completely under and re-emerge somewhere else? He a boat and a submarine.
Pocahontas surfaced twice next to Tevye spooking him, but I don't think she nipped at him. She's the highest girl in the pecking order, but generally she and Tevye don't dispute who is higher. He doesn't usually get to mate with her, but that is more because of Kaine than Pocahontas, she lets Tevye mate with her when Kaine's in jail and she's pretty tough on the girls in the flock. Also Tevye will give all the ducks the "move peck" when they cut him off for treats and none of them ever retaliate. Kaine was too busy to pick on Tevye and Greta was out of the pool. They are the only two who would usually nip at him. Greta because she thinks she's Alpha duck (no one else does) and Kaine because he is Alpha drake (and a jerk.) So I don't know. Tevye is a spaz and loves to dive, he just isn't very good at precision diving for fish. (By the way, there were no fish this time... They were crazy enough without them.) I think the generally accepted top of the pecking order is Kaine, Tevye, Pocahontas with Greta thinking she's at the top and being chased off by everyone.

Last edited:
Pocahontas surfaced twice next to Tevye spooking him, but I don't think she nipped at him.  She's the highest girl in the pecking order, but generally she and Tevye don't dispute who is higher.  He doesn't usually get to mate with her, but that is more because of Kaine than Pocahontas, she lets Tevye mate with her when Kaine's in jail and she's pretty tough on the girls in the flock.  Also Tevye will give all the ducks the "move peck" when they cut him off for treats and none of them ever retaliate.  Kaine was too busy to pick on Tevye and Greta was out of the pool.  They are the only two who would usually nip at him.  Greta because she thinks she's Alpha duck (no one else does) and Kaine because he is Alpha drake (and a jerk.)  So I don't know.  Tevye is a spaz and loves to dive, he just isn't very good at precision diving for fish.  (By the way, there were no fish this time... They were crazy enough without them.)  I think the generally accepted top of the pecking order is Kaine, Tevye, Pocahontas with Greta thinking she's at the top and being chased off by everyone.
OK. That makes me feel better. I knew​ it was the same burd twice. He did react as spooked so I wasn't​ sure. Ok. So I have a question. Kaine is alpha over all sexes. But let's say the other girls regarded Greta as alpha woman. Couldn't a female ever be alpha over all sexes? And. Where is Casey figuring into all this? Is she back to her formidable self? Oh, the fish. Yes. U didn't need it for this pool session. They were so happy.

Back
Top Bottom